PDA

View Full Version : i feel like no one cares anymore... =(

Littlehelper123
20-10-11, 16:45
I'm having a really bad day...

I feel that no one cares about me anymore. I feel like people are giving up on me =(

Has any one had this done to them?

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

can anyone help? =(

weevil
20-10-11, 16:55
Yes, some people I'd known for years but you know what? Knowing them was having a negative effect on me, they were always judgemental and I felt guilty for not being normal for them.

If people give up on you then they were probably not helpful for you when they were around and the nature of the condition makes you feel guilty for not looking after them properly. It doesn't help when you feel lonely, I don't have many close friends anymore and none local which I find a struggle but it was actually a relief to be rid of people that judged me. A once close friend once said my anxiety had got boring, we don't deserve to be told things like that.

Littlehelper123
21-10-11, 10:10
thanks =/ , anymore advice from others ?

AngryMonkey
21-10-11, 10:58
Hi,

I know what you mean - we all have days like this I think.

I think my partner was close to giving up on me recently, but because I wasn't doing anything to make myself better, just burying my head in the sand and pretending I could cope.

I've since admitted it to myself, and been to the doctors for help and he's been behind me 100% through the side effects and all my wobbles.

I've found that talking on here really helps.

I hope you feel better soon

Angela

oldskoollady
22-10-11, 21:58
Aww poor you , yeah i feel like that.. some people just don't get it .. :( xxx

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

:hugs:

Anxious_gal
22-10-11, 22:42
Hey, thing is you have to care about yourself or you won't get anyway
People are not perfect , they will hurt you, they will let you down, that is why you need to care about you and believe in yourself!
Having people care about you is nice, it feels great, makes you feel safe and supported, but there will always be points in your life where you end up with with having only you to rely on.
I know this sounds a bit cruel, but so what if the whole world gives up on you, you will always make it as long as you never give up on yourself.
You need to be your own best friend at times.

I been through it all, had my whole family turn on me.... that was hard and I felt very suicidal but I decided I deserve to be happy and to be treated well just like everyone else.
If someone doesn't like you, that is their problem, never yours , try and not take things too personally. Depression can make you blame yourself and feel guilty a lot.

I have friends that let me down at the moments I needed them the most, that was very hard, I never felt so alone in my life , . Hard thing is you need to remember people are naturally selfish.
People seem to act like they care and say they'll always help you out but I have found that when it comes down to it I may have to rely on just me.
I don't know if life will always be like that, but I hope not.

I have also been the one with the depressed friend, my friend always brought down my mood, always complained and moaned BUT was not doing anything to help themselves.
Now that is frustrating.

People also seem to do this thing, where you talk about how you feel and they always give you some kind of crappy solution, sometimes I'd like a hug or just a kind word.
people never seem to simply acknowledge how people are feeling, when you ignore the feeling and just give them some crappy reply it can make the person feel like their feelings don't matter.

You need to plan, you will not get better wishing for it.
The journey out of depression is lonely but with meds and therapy and support you can get there x

Littlehelper123
22-10-11, 23:05
thank you =) that helped a bit. Its true , you can only rely on yourself really ,having other peoples help is just a bonus

x

4Catswoman
23-10-11, 17:29
Hi, hope you're feeling bit better today?
Just looked at your youtube page (& subscribed)- blown away by it really.
It's such a huge thing that you're doing, by being so outspoken & honest & I'm sure that you'll bring help & support to so many.
My anxiety started after the passing of a close family member too, although I was quite a lot older than you at the time.
Wish you all the best in this & it goes without saying that I wish you all the peace in the world too.
jilly xx

hyppiegirl
23-10-11, 17:35
Sweetie people are supposed to love you and take the good with the bad so it is not your problem it is theirs

Anxious_gal
23-10-11, 23:54
wow so brave of you to post a youtube video! :yesyes: