PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness with ibs anyone suffer?

avasnana
20-10-11, 20:45
Hi everyone,

I have suffered with ibs for a number of years which always seemed worse just before my period. Lately it is constant and is making me dizzy which scares me, it's like a big head rush, followed by gas in my stomach. My doctor told me this can happen and not to worry. I don't worry that it is anything serious, I just find it a bit scary

Does anyone else suffer with this?

Rachel.1980
05-06-12, 09:27
Hi I too suffer with dizziness with ibs and also with acid reflux. It is a horrible feeling and makes me on edge for the rest of the day, its a bit like the feeling of vertigo, like being on a boat kind of feeling. I often feel I am going to pass out but touch wood, never have. I also get a warm feeling come over me and sometimes my ears pop all at the same time. I am not on medication for the ibs previously tried mebeverine but didn't work for me, I am taking ranitadine for the acid after trying a few others. I have been to my gp about the dizziness and seen a cardiologist and had tests and they have ruled the heart out as a possible culprit of the dizziness. I often get a wave of the dizziness then my stomach spasms and makes the loudest of noises, so it must be related somehow. If you get any answers please let me know. Many thanks xxx