PDA

View Full Version : How valued you are

Bill
21-10-11, 05:45
For me, NMP is a wonderful support group; the best I've ever known, full of the most beautiful caring kind people you could ever wish to have as friends who you can talk to and share with all the anxieties we have in common as fellow sufferers.

We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to Nic for everything she and her helpers provide that enables us to feel less alone with our worries and fears.

From the moment I joined NMP I have shared NMP's values and beliefs which have formed the basis that allows us all to feel equals in a society where all to often gain is the name of the game. As in the story about the good samaritan, he saw someone in need and wanted to help asking for nothing and wanting nothing in return. In NMP I feel this principle has always held true and I sincerely hope it never changes so that sufferers will always continue to receive the caring support they so badly need when they feel so alone with their fears.

In honour of all the lovely people I have come to know on this site, there are none more special than you even if you can't see it in yourselves because someone with anxiety means you care and no value can ever be put on something that is only held within that enables sensitivity and empathy to others who are in need of a friend.

I will always care about the wonderful people I have come to know on NMP and I will always value you for the caring people you are within the most valuable of support groups called NMP who I hope will never change because I firmly believe that this world needs NMP for what it has always stood for just as much as we the sufferers will always value Nic and NMP.:hugs:

Anxious_gal
21-10-11, 05:53
I agree, the people here have helped me though some of my darkest moments, at times when friends and family really were not there for me, which is sad, but the people here really supported me and made me feel like someone cared which is so so important.
So thank you every one :hugs:

Rous
21-10-11, 07:13
Well said Bill! :hugs:

If it wasn't for this site I wud not be here to talk now! :blush:

blue moon
21-10-11, 11:09
Hello Dear Bill,I agree with you,I have enjoyed your poetry and kind words since have joined this site and to all
the friends I have made along here,I thank Nic and all the other helpers for their time and energy into NMP.
Love Petra xx:bighug1::flowers:

Bill
23-10-11, 04:16
The value of human life.

I believe the following is typical in the US so I feel that although there is alot of criticism about our NHS, this country would lose it's principles without it because then cost would become the priority over care. I feel it is the basis of humanity that when someone is suffering we do our best to help them regardless of the cost because there is no value you can put on a human life regardless of the times we live in. If we lose sight of the morality of caring, what is left in mankind to be proud of?

Imagine you see a friend lying on the kerbside in pain, suffering and feeling very afraid. You have no phone to hand but you run to another friend who you know can help. However, the friend says to you the condition of your ill friend needs more treatment than they can provide but they do know someone who can help and so they then ask them to attend. This person then decides they have to take your ill friend to their hospital but they then say to your friend, yes, they can help but your friend will have to pay. The friend then feels they have no choice and pays out all that is asked. However, after the treatment, although your friend is able to return home, they are still not completely cured and when they tell you how much they had to pay you feel really bad about calling your other friend to help, especially when you already knew that the same treatment could have been found elsewhere.

Mishel raises this same point...

the people here really supported me and made me feel like someone cared which is so so important.

This is why I have always valued NMP so much- it's ability to provide "genuine care" from fellow sufferers under the NHS code of morality. I hold the same principles which is why I have always loved coming here so much. My hope is that those principles will always hold true because otherwise sufferers might feel they couldn't say that that people here made me feel like someone cared which is so so important.

I don't know why I feel so strongly about it but I wondered if others here have any views on this or whether I'm the only one who believes in this principle?:hugs:

ditzygirl
24-10-11, 14:16
Bill what would we do without you? You are so kind and know how to say the right words.

Thank you, thank goodness kindness on this site x

Chem
24-10-11, 15:06
"I feel that although there is alot of criticism about our NHS, this country would lose it's principles without it because then cost would become the priority over care. I feel it is the basis of humanity that when someone is suffering we do our best to help them regardless of the cost because there is no value you can put on a human life regardless of the times we live in."

The NHS already puts a value on life. Elderly citizens don't always receive the treatment they need due to age, addicts because of their lifestyle, certain conditions because of the cost of the drugs, services depending on where you live....... Nothing is regardless of cost anymore. Principles and morality have given way to business management.

Bill
25-10-11, 04:27
Principles and morality have given way to business management.

Which is probably why the old, the ill and the poor suffer more. The good samaritan story now comes with a tag "Are you in need of help? How much can you pay?"..."No money?..."Oh, too bad!"

I sure do hope NMP always remains the sanctuary it has always been where kindness always rules and it never gets corrupted by the modern world where everything comes at a price. There is the saying "Nothing's free"...well, kindness, compassion, genuine caring and support costs nothing but time and those are the reasons I have always loved NMP...and dear ditzy is proof of that!:hugs:

ditzygirl
25-10-11, 10:15
Bill thank you soo much and your are right kindness, compassion costs nothing and is good for the soul x

Bill
18-11-11, 03:45
For the reasons stated in this thread I've decided I have to stop posting. For the time being I'll keep checking pm's until I have none to reply to at which point I'll sadly be leaving. I'm sorry. You are Lovely Special people who I would freely and willingly love to keep supporting. I will never forget you.:hugs:

Maybe after the year I've had it's time for me to leave anyway. I feel very sad about it because there are so many people I wish I could have carried on helping but it does feel the time is right.

blue moon
18-11-11, 04:18
Hello Bill:D
I will not say stay,you do what is in your heart,I will e-mail you.
Love Petra xxx:hugs:

Bill
19-11-11, 19:26
This is a copy of my post in the Dep section...

I won't be leaving just yet because I'll stlll be popping back for any pm's I receive and completing any unfinished threads I've posted. Once they're done then I will be moving on because I don't feel I have any choice which I am sad about because of all the people I have come to know and tried to help. I will always care very much about them.

My main principle will never change though- to offer advice and support without asking for or accepting anything in return other than to know they're happy and perhaps to gain their friendship as you would in a support group.

I have some ideas what to move on to and if I do then I'll post so people know where I've gone. You never know, if things change, perhaps one day I'll be back but I'm not moving on just yet. I will very much miss you all though. :hugs:

With Christmas coming, I just thought I'd share one of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite films......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ne13Zft9Q&feature=related