PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Meg37
21-10-11, 18:06
I've suffered from anxiety for 8 years and am especially worried about my heart but regardless I try and carry on and think well I'm not dead yet so there's still hope! Since March I have been going to the gym as the dr prescribed me anti-depressants and I really don't want to take them so I am trying everything to try and feel better. This week I have stepped up my programme at the gym and today was the second day with the new programme. It isn't very much, just more up and down on the step etc. Well I achieved more than I thought I could this morning, then went home had a shower got myself together then headed off to university. For the rest of the day I have felt hot and not quite in reality, essentially I have felt like I have been experiencing wave after wave of a panic attack which has thrown me since although I have anxiety I haven't had a proper panic attack for a while. My husband says it is just where I am very tired and upped the exercise, plus I get very self conscious at the gym and when my heart starts to pump quickly I panic. I guess what I am asking is for a bit of reassurance that this is all anxiety based? I don't want to develop an aversion to the gym after putting in so much effort, I know this seems a bit of a silly problem and I thank anyone that has taken the time to read this. Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated. :)

melvin
21-10-11, 19:07
hello
im the same realy i worry about my heart and health alot though i smoke work that one out lol ,i love to feel fit but as soon as i see my pulce rate i start to worry i then have to leave the gym as it puts me off training i got it upto 150 to night soon as i saw it i went into a panic and leave . but i do go back the next day as you cant give in to it