PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness during and after an attack..

eva82
21-10-11, 20:07
Ok so last night at around 4 am I woke up feeling kind of "weird" and then my heart started racing so I knew it was the beginning of one of my out of The blue panic attacks. Usually when I get one I get really scared, get out of bed, pace around the house and pop an Ativan. This time I did something completely different..I just stayed in bed, closed my eyes and let the panic wash over me. I don't know how I did it but I didn't add any more fear to it, and within 5 mins it was over!! That's the good news :)

But what is making me anxious now is the intense dizziness that came along with this attack..like room spinning dizziness. It stayed with me for hours after the panic faded and I'm still feeling really off balance and a little dizzy 8 hours after the attack. I also have TMJ which has been acting up really bad lately also. I don't know of it's related to this issue or not. Anyone out there also have lingering dizziness after a panic attack? Any tips to help get rid of it? Thanks!

Dizzy_Dave
22-10-11, 09:54
I get dizzy during and after that also lasts for hours. I take Sturgaron, to calm the inner ear, sometimes it takes the edge off, I feel for you, I really do. I just seem to take it really easy when I'm bad and hope it will pass. What's TMJ?

eva82
22-10-11, 12:09
TMJ is a disorder of the jaw joint caused my either clenching or grinding your teeth. It can cause your bit to become misaligned, which can lead to jaw pain, headaches, shoulder and neck pain, off balance sensations, ringing in the ear and so much more. It's really common among anxiety suffers since we tend to be tense all the time, especially when were sleeping.

Dizzy_Dave
23-10-11, 10:19
TMJ is a disorder of the jaw joint caused my either clenching or grinding your teeth. It can cause your bit to become misaligned, which can lead to jaw pain, headaches, shoulder and neck pain, off balance sensations, ringing in the ear and so much more. It's really common among anxiety suffers since we tend to be tense all the time, especially when were sleeping.

Ahh of course it is, sorry I forgot what is was, forgetting seems to be a habit of mine.