PDA

View Full Version : 20mg Citalopram/40mg Propranolol

DanBob
21-10-11, 21:09
Hi friends,I'm new to the forum i would like to share with you my story.It was during July on my 21st birthday i was out celebrating with the family and binge drank which was daft but felt great at the time,the day after i woke up with the usual hangover..thought nothing of it till later in the afternoon i was laying down on my bed then suddenly i had the strangest feeling in my body it was like i was about to die asif i was about to leave my body.I quickly got up and took deep breaths and i was shaking like mad,i calmed down slightly but was still dizzy for the rest of the day i didn't sleep that night at all i believed i would die but infact i had experienced my first panic attack.I was fine for 2 weeks after that then i started to get restless legs and i was very dizzy/lightheaded/and anxious so i made an appointment with my Doctor,i told her i was always anxious and always shaking and sweating etc she gave me 40mg propranolol to try they seemed to work but still i had scary thoughts in my head and the pills made me dizzy and tired all the time,i went back to see my doctor on Monday she gave me 20mg citalopram to take with the propranolol. . I started taking both together Tuesday morning within 3 minutes i had cold sweats maybe i was anxious about taking both meds but i felt weird. . Around an hour later i was so calm this lasted around 4 hours then i got so panicky again and dizzy it was the same thing on wednesday and thursday i would describe the Citralopram as a 'Bi polar' drug so far its up and down but its only been 4 days and i'm trying to keep a never say die attitude.The side effects i'm having are cold feet and hands,dizzyness,feel anxious,had ringing in my ears last night,dry mouth,and shaking.I feel a bit better today and i am going to stick to the cit and prop to get back to my old self,thanks for reading. Dan

akira
21-10-11, 21:37
Hi Dan,

I'm on the same drugs at the same dose. Everyone gets different side-effects but they usually pass. This could take a few days or a couple of weeks. If you find the side-effects don't lessen over time, or just find them too intense, then talk to your GP about coming off it. You could also try cutting the pill in half and spacing it out. There is a good guide on this forum by PsychoPoet: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980

I got worse before I got better. I have next to no side-effects now and I've been on meds for about a month.

Hope this helps,

Akira

pinkdove
21-10-11, 21:40
Hi dan, and welcome to nmp, i have taken both these drugs,i no longer use propanolol, but when i did i got cold hands and feet, a side effect, and they made me tired also i used to take 40 mg 3 times a day, then when i started taking citalopram i gradually reduced the propanolol, on my doctors advice, now i take 30mg of cit a day, and it helps a lot, what you are feeling now , are side effects, but they will go in time, and you will gradually feel better, i know it is hard, but give it time, and the side effects will diminish. hope this helps good luck x

DanBob
21-10-11, 22:05
Hello both,thanks for replying.I only take 1 40mg propranolol because they make me so tired and dizzy,i take it with the Citalopram at around 11 a.m. It's just the dizzy feeling i get that i hate and the spacey feeling that stays for most of the day..i'm going to stick at the full 20mg cit for a month and see how i get on and will report to my doctor next time i see her if they are helping.I'm determined to beat this anxiety/panic/fear it's truely horrible and i wouldn't wish it on anybody this site is brilliant it's great to know we're not alone

emmi
21-10-11, 23:40
hi Dan i too suffer from anxiety its awful i also take citalopram this is my 7 day and i must say i am up and down on it one day feel great the other i am couch bound i also get the dizzy side effects along with cold feet and sickness keep it up i am we will get better x

DanBob
22-10-11, 11:06
It's day 5 on cit i feel alot better,lil bit anxious a lil bit tired but feel better

pinkdove
22-10-11, 11:11
Great stuff dan, keep it up you will get there x

DanBob
22-10-11, 19:46
Thank you,today went well. . Best i've felt in months,i've had a pleasent day out round at my uncles i just feel a little tired now and had a couple of dizzy spells nothing major. . The cit must be working. Day6 tommorow x

DanBob
23-10-11, 14:55
Day6 today. Woke up quite dizzy,took the cit and prop at 9.45. Today i'm drinking alcohol. . .feel tired 2 pints in and dizzy

pinkdove
23-10-11, 23:04
Dan maybe give the alcohol a miss till the meds get into your system as it can stop the meds working properly xx

DanBob
24-10-11, 10:38
hello,I had around 6 pints yesterday.I only drank because i felt great like the cit was working so i thought why not,I got drunk alot faster than usual and felt very tired . .woke up earlier slight hangover nothing major . .taking my meds day7 feel ok so far:D

DanBob
24-10-11, 18:47
I've been anxious all afternoon and dizzy :( i was doing so well too..no doubt it was the alcohol:weep:

pinkdove
24-10-11, 21:14
Dan, it will only be a blip, just go with it today, and you will start to feel better again xx

DanBob
24-10-11, 21:38
thanks for the continued support pinkdove,not very nice these blips. . Its like waiting to die:weep:

pinkdove
24-10-11, 22:15
It is not nice at all dan, but it will pass, you are just having a bad day today. but eventually you will have more good days than bad, i promise you, i have been there, and i felt the same as you, but although the changes are subtle, the good days will come, and you will feel like your old self again, give it time, and don/t be too hard on yourself x

DanBob
25-10-11, 16:34
hi Pinkdove,well it's a week since i started the cit. .today has been a bit better very sweaty hands this morning,tiredness and some negative thinking tho.Hope i'll get back to normal soon. . X

pinkdove
25-10-11, 18:15
Hi dan so glad things are getting better for you :) just give it time and you will be back to yourself, a week is really quick to feel any benefit's so it is looking good for you, take care x

DanBob
27-10-11, 11:24
Day 9 today- feel quite tired and it's like my arms and legs don't belong to me. Feel calm tho. . .also i haven't slept much since Sunday. Maybe 4 hours sleep a night:ohmy:

pinkdove
27-10-11, 12:13
Hi Dan, you are doing so well, the side effcts usually dissapear within 2 weeks so nearly there, also you will sleep much better when the cit kicks in xx

DanBob
28-10-11, 08:07
Thanks Pinkdove,Day10 today slept better last night and woke up feeling a bit better feel a bit sick but alot better. .Hope the pills work for me

pinkdove
01-11-11, 17:10
Hi dan good to hear things are getting better,, sounds like the pills are already starting to work. good luck x