PDA

View Full Version : Communication/ workbook

kirkstacey
23-05-06, 15:07
When one ocd sufferer communicates with another there is I feel something special, a bond maybe? Over many months I have met a number of ocd folk in my area, and on the internet, This was very interesting as it makes that ocd world in wich we live even smaller, the amount of things that relate when you engage in conversation is amazing. Being a creative and artistic person, I always turn my hand to the odd ocd project , be it the design of posters or the experimental Awareness card , Anything to test the water and see how far an idea or project can go.and yes they can go far but only with a helping hand and support of others.

My latest project is titled OCD dissected, Wich consists of everything that I have learnt from talking with other sufferers in the past year and also buy taking in my own story, and ocd as a whole and cutting it up. Its all about communication and solution.(rational solution), Its all very well answering a persons worry with the words ITS OK, YOU WILL BE FINE, But what if we went one further and gave a solution?.are you brave enougth to see through that solution, and tackle ocd ? I took this whole idea and made a workbook, in wich you read through a dareing terminoligy, (mainly made up by myself by grabbing ocd by the scruff of the neck) and dareing to term it, maybe this is a crazy idea? well, not according to the many sufferers I decicate this project too. infact, it is much needed, there are many gaps, in the ocd awareness feild and I like to think we can fill as many as possible.

I touch on subjects as pure o, religous ocd , I have also hid in subliminal word, just to proove that distractions really do work. There is a checklist to, not to mention uplifting and funny stories such as the freaky pig...and susans revolution! whats all that about i hear you ask ??....well this manual is no brain lock, it mentions no word off brainchemicals, its just got a sence of humour thats all, somethng I feel takes the sting off of Anxiety... and not forgeting all important solutions to common ocd traits.
its a project that will run and run.

Again its a very dareing manual, but one that I Hope will be a great aid for that person who really has lost help everywhere else and desperatley wants to fight back.
and take control........I am also backed up and supported buy a network of fantastic artists, evey manual hs a different cover.
If you would like a copy please see link for info,

http://2117394432.slide.com/

All the best

Kirk stacey
Artist Designer
OCD SUFFERER

k s