PDA

View Full Version : Going on a Date!

hanna090
21-10-11, 22:23
Hey everyone! :blush:
So I have Generalised Anxiety, but I also have quite a bit of Social Anxiety (my hands tend to shake, lips quiver, I go red etc…) and I’m so scared about a date I have that’s coming up soon!
Any tips on meeting someone for the first time and also reducing the symptoms I mentioned above?
X

Anxious_gal
21-10-11, 23:47
Breathe :)
Focous on what he is saying, you just need to stop thining/worrying about your self, so pay attention to what is going on outside.
Remind yourself what a wonderful person you :)
Pretend you are an actor in a movie lol
Don't forget to have fun.
People love talking about themselves, so ask him about his hobbies, movies, books, video games, sports he likes.
Take a compliment! If he says you look nice say thanks, maybe even joke that he doesn't look too bad himself ;)

Meewah
23-10-11, 02:49
Hanna

I feel both of you are going to share the first date nerves. I would tell him you are feeling nervous. I would find the total honesty at the outset endearing. The relief you will feel should help to make the date a great one. I also think that you should try and occupy yourself as much as possible until the date this way you will have only a limited time to ruminate.

Your date will go fine and if he is a caring guy then you will move on if not then do you want him anyhow??

Have a great date.

Mee

johnielov
05-09-12, 07:20
Hi Hanna,

I do experience it too, am really nervous goin' out on a date though it's not my first time anymore but every time I go on a date it always the same. :shrug: