PDA

View Full Version : im really scared!

Hayley1982
22-10-11, 08:09
ive had a really bad cough all week and its making me wanna be sick constantly and my ribs are soo sore im scared theres something wrong. im getting no better. how long can a cough last? sorry to sound so silly x

macc noodle
22-10-11, 08:23
h,

Sorry to hear you feeling so unwell :(

A cough can last months or a few days - it really does depend on the cause. For example as the weather gets colder and we turn our central heating on, the air drys out more in the house and can cause an irritating cough that can go on and on and on.

Honey, your ribs are sore because of the coughing and also the anxiety it produces is making all the intercostal muscles between the ribs hurt - keep yourself warm - try a hot water bottle on the ribs and take some paracetomol.

What about trying some honey and lemon or warm blackcurrant juice to try and soothe the cough?

Have you got phelgm also? That would be making you feel sick if you are snotty because every time you cough you are moving it around (sorry to be so graphic).

Please don't worry about a cough - we all get them - especially this time of year.

Be kind to yourself this weekend and see how you feel on Monday. If you still feel really worried about it go and ask the doc to check you out.

Macc Noodle.
xxxx

PS I was in the docs waiting room yesterday ahead of my CBT session and there were loads of people with coughs - it is just that time of year xxxxx

pinkdove
22-10-11, 11:14
Hi hayley, agree with everything macnoodle said, i have had a cough for monthes now, had a chest xray a few weeks ago, along with breathing tests , all was ok, so the dr gave me some inhalers to try, it is getting slightly better, but if it does persist, see your gp. take care xx