PDA

View Full Version : Cipalex

joy
22-10-11, 09:00
10 days on 10mg, cant sleep, no appetite,increased anxiety ring any bells with anyone

Joy

Phill2
23-10-11, 02:37
Hi Joy
I was on it for about 5 yrs.
I found it takes about 4 weeks to work then life becomes much better
Stick with it and see how you go
Phill

smb25
24-10-11, 16:04
Rings lots of bells!

Stick with it though, it takes a while but it is worth it. I hardly ate for weeks and lost a fair bit of weight, have put it back on now. I drank slim fast shakes just so I had something in me. Always found it easier to eat of a night.

Sleep will improve too, at first I took sleeping pills a few times a week, just to get some rest, not every night though and only for a few weeks. Your sleep will also improve gradually.

Best thing is try not to dwell on these things too much, I know its easier said than done but just say to yourself, I WILL NOT starve to death, I WILL NOT die from the lack of sleep. You will sleep and eat at somepoint, your body needs to, so it will, when its ready!

Try and keep yourself busy, if you are not working, try and get some form of outside activity, a walk or a tidy up of the garden. Maybe you could go for a swim if you have local facilities.

Keep posting on here also, it really does help and its good to look back so you can see how your are improving!

Keep strong, it does get better!
x

Jmac
24-10-11, 19:27
Yep. Bells are ringing! I take mine at night and find that a large spoonful of full fat yoghurt when I take my cip helps to keep my tummy happy. I take mine at night - started that way so that I'd sleep through any nausea side effects. For the most part, it worked. I had lots of ups and downs over the past 3 months since starting cipralex. During that time I was sure it wasn't working for me but on doc's advice persevered and now am so glad I did. I feel great, side effects are gone and I feel like my old self again - actually, better!
take care, hang in there and let us know how you're doing.
jmac

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

and... read 'Anxious in Canada's' thread. You'll find it under medication - cipralex etc. It helps me enormously on this journey.

Anxious-in-Canada
25-10-11, 18:13
Hi Joy,

You can take consolation in the fact that your experiencing the same thing most people experience. I can say that given time these side effects will decrease in duration and severity.

It may not seem like it now, but you will get to a much better spot....the key is to help yourself get there sooner:

1. regular exercise
2. talk therapy (talking to someone who is empathetic to you)
3. relaxation / stress management daily
4. deep breathing exercises (especially during high levels of anxiety)
5. healthy diet

Now if only I could follow my own advice better....LOL

Hope this helps. Take care

joy
26-10-11, 11:35
i'M really confused I had a brilliant weekend no anxiety what so ever so naturally I thought the meds were worked but since then the anxiety has been as high as before. Is this up and down normal? Also sleeping is impossible even with sleeping tabs .I have been on the meds for two weeks

Joy

Anxious-in-Canada
26-10-11, 14:50
Yes the ups and downs are normal, especially in the first few weeks to months....it takes your body time to adjust to the meds...

But it will gradually get better, hang in there and enjoy the ups while you are there!

Take care

joy
27-10-11, 17:28
Good news Had a better nights sleep
Bad news THe anxiety is very high

Joy

louise19
27-10-11, 17:56
I am on day 11 of taking cipralex at 10mg and I know what you are going through. I had a really good morning yesterday and felt the meds were working, however, I had a bad panic attack on the afternoon and had to take a Valium. My anxiety levels have been really high today too. I guess it will just take time for the meds to work, I seem to have a problem with switching my brain off at the minute, as soon as I feel a bit better a negative thought enters my head I feel all the anxiety coming back.

lordoz
27-10-11, 20:52
Hi Folks, New Member here. I have been on cipralex for about 3/4 weeks cant quite remember lol 10 mg for 2 weeks and then up to 20mg last week, Seem to be really good in the mornings but in the evenings I am absoluted knackered which is a problem as I work 2pm to 12pm. Just returned to work last week and kinda faking my way through it at the moment. Just wanted to say thanks Guys, without this site I probably would be about 5 steps back from where I am now. Admittedly struggling to get motivated to get exercise etc.:wacko:

Lordoz

joy
29-10-11, 09:10
Oh the ups and downs

Yesterday I had a brilliant day with no anxiety. Today I woke at 4am with it raging. The shrink said this was normal at the beginnning of taking meds(17days)Its ok for him coping with the bad days and the disappointment of feeling bad is very trying

Joy

louise19
29-10-11, 09:49
Ism on day 13 of the meds, I had a good evening yesterday,but feel terrible this morning. My doctor said it was also common to go up and down. If anything the bad days are worse because I have had a taste of the good life and it's really disappointing when it doesn't last. But what I have realised is that before I took the meds I wasn't having any good days, as people have told me on this site it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the meds to kick in so that's what I cling on toLouise

joy
29-10-11, 10:57
sounds like we are going thro the same thing. I think the disappointment is almost worse than the anxiety. Yesterday I was in town alone and chatting to people today I,m a nervous wreck on the settee

Joy

Anxious-in-Canada
31-10-11, 11:41
Ups and down will get less intense. Hang in there before, you are doing well. Try to remember how you were before the meds and you will see that you are getting better.

Take Care.

joy
31-10-11, 11:50
Still going up and down like a yo yo. Its so disappointing when you have a good day then the next day like today the anxiety is skyhigh. Its hard to keep the faith

Joy