PDA

View Full Version : too calm from Kalms!?

**whenwillthisend**
23-05-06, 16:21
hi does any one take or have taken kalms tablets?
i find they make me calmer but exhausted..then i panic im gonna collapse or something cos i feel so tired..so ive tried quiet life tablets but found they had similar effects..i cant stand feeling more exhausted than usual...as anyone reduced the advised dosage and still had an effect on them? wondering whether to do that...

hjm70
23-05-06, 16:51
hi whenwillthisens

i tried taking Kalms but they had no effect on me at all, i also tried taking them and nytol (as i had trouble sleeping too) but that didnt work either

wendy
23-05-06, 19:10
Hi

I too had tried Kalms and felt as you do (not sure if it was the effect of the tablets tho or me thinking I was too calm because they are for calming - if that makes sense!!)

I tried Beta blockers too and found they made me very similair to how you describe the Kalms and agree if your very sensitive to your feelings sometimes feeling too calm makes us panic more! Am sure tho this is down to our own minds rather than the tablets as millions of people world wide take them with no probs,

Wendy x

Daisybun
24-05-06, 16:44
I'm taking Kalms at the moment - not sure if its the tablets or the anxiety that is making me so tired though - don't like being so tired but don't want to be wound up like a spring either. Great this! I'd rather have the herbal though so there you go.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

susie70
29-08-06, 20:20
I've not found they had any effect. But then I'm not affected by sleeping tablets either!! Seem to be imune!

juju
29-08-06, 20:27
i too had this scary thing whilst taking kalms, it freaked me out i thought something was wrong with me, but i think what it is is that we are not used to feeling calm and it seems unreal lol
then i raise the anxiety back by freaking out about it. but i too would rather feel sluggish than a spring ready for action.
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

susie70
29-08-06, 20:30
Have you all taken them for a while to get these sort of effects? I'm wondering if I've not given them anough of a go now!!

juju
29-08-06, 20:36
susie,
i took them for a while but in the end they sort of brought me down too much and i ended up feeling depressed on them, just me maybe but its out of the frying pan and into the fire isnt it?

we are all stronger people after having this

potts1
29-08-06, 20:37
i take half a beta blocker on top of my citalopam every day and feel much better than on kalms but try them a bit longer as it might work 4 u

m potts

susie70
29-08-06, 20:37
true!!! It's a thin line an all that!!

tara
30-08-06, 07:55
Hi

I have been taking calms for the last week or so long side vitamin B.
If I took the perscribed dose 6 per day...jees they did knock me out, so i've reduced them to 4 per day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

I know what you mean when you say they make you sleepy, but I don't mind that lol. They seem to be having a good effect with me .

Tara xx

Smile...it confuses people.

PITITA
30-08-06, 08:43
I did take them and still do, but on and off...to me they worked wonderfully...I just basically popped them whenever i felt i needed something and it may have been placebo but it really helped me through the day. I have never tried drugs but it made me feel only a little natural high but very relaxed...thats how I imagine marijuana would make me feel...I can't remember being panicky about being relaxed, but it is something that Im prone to as well...hope this helped.

" The solution to a problem is right through it..."

**whenwillthisend**
30-08-06, 12:07
well i stopped taking the kalms as i didnt like the exhausted feeling....so now take quiet life tablets whick i find much better...they have valerian in them too...but other things inc b vits, they take away the anxious feeling-not completeley! but just enough to make you feel a bit better

braindead
21-03-17, 17:34
KALMS , you may has well take m@ms the chemist crap