PDA

View Full Version : Toenail pain or another anxiety pain???

Ambers
22-10-11, 14:54
For the last few months I have had a 'drilling pain in my big toenail (plate). every so often my other toe feels the same pain (deterred pain maybe). There is NO sign of infection and no ingrown toenail.

I have put it down to anxiety even though the pain is real.

Has anyone else had this before... I am worrying it is more sinister :wacko:

swgrl09
22-10-11, 19:14
Are you wearing a tight pair of shoes? Sounds minute, but I have been wearing new shoes all week and my toes are killing me!

Ambers
22-10-11, 20:16
Thank u for reply - no, I only wear comfy flats usually. I did think of that but none of my shoes rub at all.

Zee
22-10-11, 21:03
Hi, yes, I get this occassionally.In my case its weather related though. I can tell when the weather is going to be damp when that pain happens..Lasts a few hours or a few days.

Ambers
23-10-11, 09:14
Zee - could you explain your pain a bit me for me? Is yours possibly Rheumatism? I did consider that - the pain is pretty intense at the moment. Thank you

Zee
23-10-11, 10:58
Hi Ambers,

The pain is a throbbing, like something being driven through the nail kind of sensation. Even to touch the nail lightly its painful. It can happen left or right big toes or both at same time :ohmy:..I was told it was rheumatic related..Only happens in damp weather or very cold conditions.

Ambers
23-10-11, 13:18
Thank you Zee - it sounds exactly like mine! I feel so much better now - not that I wish this on anyone mine lol