PDA

View Full Version : chest/pain

jessicalittler79
22-10-11, 19:03
hello all i have a new concern ..a few days ago i fell asleep on chair i noticed when i woke up my chest hurt and it felt like it need to be cracked /poped so i sat up stright and started to strech and when i did my chest bone poped and it sceard me and every sense then my chest has been tight and iam haven pains ....if i push on my chest bone it hurts bad ...and i can realive the pain if i i twist and make it pop...it also goes threw to my upper back i google and now iam worried over cancer in my chest bone ...i know i shouldnt have googled.....i am sceard if anyone has had this befor or can help :) thanks.... oh yea and if i lift right arm the pain is bad i cant lean back or push chest out bad pain ?

Mirabelle
22-10-11, 19:29
Hi Jessica
It's called popping your sternum. It is when the ligaments pop like in your knee or finger joints. It's completely normal and nothing to worry about. It was probably when you feel asleep in the chair and relaxed in an awkward position causing the ligaments to pop. It feels strange but can't hurt you.
xx

jessicalittler79
22-10-11, 19:30
can it cause chest pain too ...seems like i cant relive the pain inless i pop it

Mirabelle
22-10-11, 21:53
Yes it's the muscles and ligaments moving and it will hurt a little.
xx