PDA

View Full Version : help

waynejns
22-10-11, 22:17
Im having emdr therapy and taking 60 mg citalopram for ptsd at present. The positives from the therapy are amazing and i can feel my experiences becoming less of an issue every day. The meds are fine a tad strong but all is good. The issue is i am so angry and feel as if im gunning for an argument with anyone that gives me an opening. All the positives are there but just so angry and as if my blood is boiling inside me.. please help if you can..

Mirabelle
22-10-11, 22:39
This could be a side effect of the Citalopram especially if you have just recently started taking it
Xx

annette1
23-10-11, 19:08
Hi wayne

This is probably a reaction to the EMDR. I also had emdr therapy & it would take me a few days or sometimes weeks for my emotions to settle down after a session. The worse emotion was anger, anything would trigger it, i remember one day my neighbour had left his dog in the garden & every time i moved it would bark, normally that wouldnt bother me but that day it was all I could do to stop myself ringing the police. It made me so mad I had to go out for the day!

I think anger is a difficult emotion to understand, is the anger aimed at others or yourself?
Try to give yourself more time to relax & just go with what feelings happen. They won't hurt you but it will help you to understand all you are feeling.

I'm pleased emdr is working for you, its hard work but very worth seeing it through.