PDA

View Full Version : does it get better? =( please help

Littlehelper123
22-10-11, 22:59
im feeling really low right now =( im so sick of my anxiety and panic attacks that i just want to be normal again. I'm 17 on monday and its upsets me that i wont be learning to drive like most 17 year olds and that im not enjoying myself like others =(

Ive had this for over a year now =(

does it get better?

please help =(

Anxious_gal
23-10-11, 02:06
Yes it will get better but only if you work really hard .
I was depressed at maybe 16, on the edge if you will, was self harming, dropped out of school for 2 months because my anxiety was so bad I could not cope.
My family weren't very helpful......
What helped me was positive thinking, CBT therapy and medication at the time.
I have gotten depressed now and again but I sorta know now how to drag myself out it.
Plus your hormones are going crazy, your brain is not fully developed yet , you have added stress of parents, school, friends etc... Personally the teenage years are really the hardest because of you age you lack the skill and knowledge of how to cope with things.
I notice parents think kids got it easy cause they don't have to work and have whole what have you to be depressed about mentality.
But again it does get better it really does and often when you least expect to.The pain is only temporary it will pass x