PDA

View Full Version : Sex and periods - ladies only please

debbsi
23-10-11, 09:00
Hi
Just looking for some reassurance really, after a couple of years of hardley any sex me and DH are working things out and we had sex a couple of times last weekend, which was great.
Last night we did again and when we turned the light on after there was blood everywhere. Now my periods do not start on the same day everymonth - they can range from 23 to 29 days. I was having pmt symptoms - sore boob, constipation etc all usual to me so i was expecting to start any day. This would be day 23-24 so quite normal for me to come on and i do now have mild period type pain.
Now i have told myself that this is my period, and im 99% sure it is - i just want someone else to reassure me :)
A few years ago i bled a little and i mean a tiny bit after sex a few times it ended up that i had a mild cervical erosion and had cryocautery for it. So since then i have had a fear of bleeding after sex which has been one of the reasons for my poor sex drive.
Anyway i will appreciate any reassurance you lovely ladies can give me. My cbt must be working cos normally i would be completely freaking out and im not :)

Anxious_gal
23-10-11, 09:34
Never happened to me as I get very bad cramps before I bleed so that's my warning ;)
But a lot of my girlfriends have gotten their periods while having sex , so I'm sure it can happen n that is normal :)
Plus you WILL know if it's your period because menstrual blood has that distinctive scent.

Mirabelle
23-10-11, 09:50
Debbsi
This sounds like menstruation to me. When you orgasm it causes your uterus to contract and your cervix to pulse, this can bring on bleeding if you're due on and also sometimes when you're ovulating. This has happened to me when I'm due on, I've stood up out of bed and blood has flooded down my leg.
Don't worry. On the plus side it sounds like you had a good session. Lol
xx

debbsi
23-10-11, 10:10
Thanks guys, thats made me feel a bit better, and yes was a good sesh!! Not bad after not having sex for over a year eh?? lol

Janeeey
23-10-11, 13:12
I agree this sounds like your period and if it continues you will know 100% that it is. I totally understand your worry as a fear of bleeding after sex had stopped me from having sex for almost a year with my very understanding husband! We have now done it once and all ok .. but I know that horrible fear! You will be fine tho and well done for keeping calm, CBT really is great isn't it.

debbsi
23-10-11, 13:25
Thanks janeeey, its awful isnt it? Unfortunatly my husband hasnt been quite so understanding as you will see in my past posts over the last couple of week :weep:

However we are working things out now, and all is going well, i just dont want this to set me back

Janeeey
23-10-11, 18:49
Sorry to hear that - HA is such a pressure on any relationship. I know what you mean about set backs as whilst it didn't happen when I had sex I have had a bit of spotting lately which is my worse fear ever and that has made be paranoid! I remember the days when I would not have even thought about any of this, had sex whenever I wanted and not worried everytime I went to the loo! Hopefully we will get back to that one day! Take care xx

debbsi
14-11-11, 19:55
Hi again - cant beleive this - it happened again!!

In between periods no unusual bleeding, and then again all the pre mentrual symptoms and only 21 days this time (although after looking back at my records it seems that this is more like my cycle), friday night started bleeding during sex again. No bleeding during sex for the last 2 weeks. I started getting mild period pains during the night and the next day, I am on day 3 now and hardly any bleeding. Dont know wether to go the to docs or not??

debs71
14-11-11, 20:03
Hi debbsi,

I think that all will be fine, but I would pop to the GP just to let them know what has happened and get an opinion about it. It may well be related to your cervical probs before.

Another cause of bleeding after sex can be infection, which can be sorted out without hassle.

I would just see what they say about it hun.

Hope things settle down for you.xxx:hugs:

LadyHaitch
15-11-11, 09:37
Mirabelle, I didn't know that could happen after orgasm, and it probably explains a lot as to why I had bleeding at the beginning of the year! It happened a few times and I thought it was really weird, and was too embarrassed to talk about it with anyone other than my fiance!

My hormones were a bit unbalanced too as I messed around with my pill A LOT! Since I started taking my pill properly I haven't had any problems, since April to be exact. I've had a smear, STI test, check for polyps in my womb. All fine. Last one is a biopsy for HPV, which I've got to wait 6 weeks for!! Naturally, I'm panicking, I just wish I had the results now!! xx

Mirabelle
15-11-11, 18:37
Sometimes after a good orgasm or few you can get cramps and bleeding. Most men have experienced this and once you explain what causes it, they puff up like cock of the walk. Excuse the pun!
I don't think it's anything to worry about.
No need to be embarrassed on here, we've seen it all between us.
xx

c700
16-11-11, 16:30
I have just posted a similar topic! I bled after sex and I wasnt sure if it was my period or not! I have also had problems too. I made an appointment with the doctor but just cancelled it as i thought they would think i was silly or wasting their time but i am still upset about it. so i thought i would give it a few more weeks. I am sure it was your period.

debbsi
16-11-11, 19:55
hi c700, thanks - good to know im not alone, i phoned up to make an appointment and couldnt get one - then spoke to my friend who helped me to rationalise my thoughts and decided not to make an appointment xx