PDA

View Full Version : Called back for more tests after mammogram?

Badfaith76
23-05-06, 18:44
I had my first mammogram on 5/10 and now tommrow I have to have an ultrasound and spot compression for something abnormal. I am freaking, anyone ever called back with positive news. [?]

wendy
23-05-06, 19:32
Hi

My mum had one a couple of years ago and got called back, like you we were totally freaked out and worried but when got to the next appointment found it was just some tissue shading that had shown up on the ultrasound and was totally harmless

Take Care

Wendy x

giddy
23-05-06, 20:03
Hi - my friend found a lump and had to have mammogram and ultrasound. It turned out to be a blocked milk duct. Try not to worry too much until you've had all the tests and results back. More often than not a breast lump isn't serious.
Love Helen

eeyorelover
24-05-06, 04:33
Yep - had the same thing many years ago. Had to have an ultrasound and turned out to be a pocket of fluid between muscle and fat (ewww). They brought out a mondo needle and said they could drain it if it was causing too much pain (YEAH RIGHT!!!) I thanked them but told them that I would just deal with it. After about a month, it was gone.