PDA

View Full Version : Ironic

jaded jean
24-10-11, 07:17
I have to visit my dad today to sit in on an assessment to see what his mental state is.
He has lived on his own for 40 years or so and from what I have seen does very well. The illnesses he has battled thru - he did it primarily on his own.
Now he is scared the mental health team may deem him unstable -but I know he isnt , He needs to get out as in his own words it drives him up the wall.
The distance between us doesnt help either -I live 30 miles away and tend only to see him at weekends as I work still but the guilt is always there. The rest of the family tend to think about seeing him and so it never happens.
This may seem like a statement but I just wanted to see it in writing that I have come a long way and I AM supporting my dad who suffers similar probs to me.
Thanks for reading.

hopeless
24-10-11, 08:46
Think your dad has done amazingly well Jean and so have you...You have always been there for him despite your own struggles..Forty yrs is an awful long time for a parent to be on their own, but sounds to me like you have always been a very supportive, caring and loving daughter and no one could ask for more... x