PDA

View Full Version : Hello there :)

Cherriuz
24-10-11, 11:44
Okay, so I'm a bit nervous about this so please excuse me if I ramble on a bit :blush:
My name is Sarah and I'm 23 years old. I've been suffering for many many years and ended up missing out my final school years because of anxitey. I plucked up the courage to resit these at college recently but since finishing I've sort of got myself into a hole with anxiety and have become really depressed, and have started to feel detatched to my children (who are 3 and 4 - both boys, and my boyfriend) "no way back out of the hole" kind of thing. So... everything came to a head on thursday night when I basically broke down and thought of ending my own life. I have history of this and decided this time it was going to be different and I was going to get help so I rang NHS direct and it ended with an emergency doctor coming to my house to calm me down. Since then I've been lost in a sea of new faces - I have a new doctor, social services and seeing how they can help, care link over the weekends and a health visitor :wacko:
So, this is sort of the start of the journey for me, I've finally accepted I need help and have just started Citalopram 20mg as of last friday.
See? I told you I would ramble.
Thanks for reading to the end and I hope to get involved and see you around the forum :)

nomorepanic
24-10-11, 11:46
Hi Cherriuz

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nicola1980
24-10-11, 13:12
Hi and :welcome:, good for u for getting help, its very hard to do! hopefully your on the right road to recovery now :) im also on the early weeks of citalopram after suffering anxiety and panic attacks, good luck :hugs:
Nicola xx