PDA

View Full Version : Hot surges

Jules31
19-04-04, 12:27
For the last few months, every so often I find that my body will go into a hot surge from head to foot. It will feel like my whole body is on fire and I will often feel faint or weak with it. My skin it red hot to the touch but not usually sweaty(though I do get hot sweats too at different times). Often at the same time I will get an immensely tight heading and pounding head. The heat usually lasts for about 15 minutes adn the skin on my face and chest will look flushed. People will comment I look hot and if they touch me feel that I am too

Is this just the anxiety beast too?

Jules

stimpy
19-04-04, 13:37
Sure sounds like it Jules.

I used to complain my blood was boiling.
I was cold to touch, but I felt like I was cooking from the inside out.
Nasty.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Jules31
19-04-04, 16:23
thanks Liz. I def feel like I am cooking inside and out.

Jules x

april tones
19-04-04, 21:04
i get that too. even when not worrying. Especially in mornings, wernt sure if it was meds.

apriltones

diana
19-04-04, 23:43
Hiya Jules,

Just one more symptom of the Panic beast, not to worry. :)

It is horrid when it happens though is`nt it?

I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the posts have settled your concerns a bit dear. :)

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Jules31
20-04-04, 10:02
thanks guys

April I often find that I get it more in the morning too, well most mornings anyway, though it can come on at any time through the day

Jules

april tones
20-04-04, 10:28
jules

its really strange isnt it, makes me feel all tacky and yucky as if i have hangover, not that ive had one for months, ha ha

apriltones

kate
20-04-04, 10:28
Jules,

I just read your post, especially the fact that your skin actually DOES feel hot to the touch.

That brought something back to me.

When I first started having PA's some 20 years ago, I went to the doc who said I looked flushed and felt hot. He diagnosed a "virus" but my PA's continued.

Am now thinking I was suffering the same as you with the panicky flushes.

Take care

Kate x

diana
20-04-04, 15:29
Hiya Kate,

I think the worst thing is, is that we are so often misdiagnosed. So that just delays our recovery.

I don`t know how many times I`ve been to the Emergency Room with these same symptoms to be sent home with no diagnosis at all. I would be told that there was nothing "physically" wrong with me.

Okay so what is that supposed to mean that I am nuts and the feelings I am having don`t exist, they are all in my head?

Hmmmmmmmmmm, they just confirmed my worse fears.

I am crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL................... :-D

That is until I learnt that these are real attacks.

I wanted to go back to that Emergency Room and tell them that there was something wrong with me, even if it was in my head but setting off "physical" symptoms, but I did`nt. LOL................ :-D

Thank goodness we have friends here that suffer the same symptoms we do, so we know everyone having them can`t be nuts so it may just mean that we are the norm. :)

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

rackel
22-04-04, 17:14
Hi there
This happened to me the other day. I started to tingle and my viens rose in my hands. My whole body went bright red like i HAD BEEN SUNBURNT! It was scary. I think anxiety can rear its ugly head in so many different ways. It is also hard for other people to understand what your going through. Once i began to rationalise with myself it went away.
I hope this makes you feel a little more normal.
Rachel.

kate
22-04-04, 18:58
Diana,

You are so right.

I wasn't diagnosed with depression until I paid and went to see a private doctor.

This was months after I had been to my own GP who told me to "pull myself together" hmmmmm.

I think a lot of people go misdiagnosed for a long while and, as you say, it then delays the recovery process.

Rachel, thanks for that. It all helps to know you aint alone!!

Kate x

diana
22-04-04, 20:06
Hiya Kate,

"PULL MYSELF TOGETHER", easier said than done ey?

Especially when you don`t know what it is you have to pull together.

I have been told that too, on several occasions, in many different ways. LOL........ :-D

I hope you are feeling a bit better now though.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

stimpy
24-04-04, 22:15
When a doctor says "Pull yourself together" you feel like slapping them don't you?
If they had ever suffered with panic disorder they would keep their gob shut and offer real advice! - lol

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

diana
26-04-04, 16:34
So true Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...................... :-D

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Jules31
27-04-04, 10:26
They definitely need a slap. Ihad one dr tell me that I didn't look like I suffered from anxiety and not to go back unless I got something else wrong with me. I found out from my own GP that he had even put it in my notes - what a jerk!

Jules

diana
27-04-04, 19:08
Oh gosh Jules,

You are right "WHAT A JERK" indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you look at someone and determine if they "look like" they suffer from anxiety??????

That is the craziest thing.

Lord only knows what the docs have written in my notes.

LOL................... :-D

Oh well, it could be worst I suppose, but a "SLAP" would sure make us feel better ey?????

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

kate
27-04-04, 19:22
Diana,

I don't seem to have much luck with doctors.

My present one, a couple of weeks ago, said that I probably just needed my Easter holiday away from work to start feeling better!

Oh yes, could just see 20 odd years of panic being cured in a fortnight off work!

She asked me what I wanted, what I thought would be the best treatment for me.

I sat there thinking "excuse me, love, don't you get paid to know the answer to such a question".

I decided not to have med's at that time cos I didn't really have much faith in her prescribing anything that would be remotely useful!

She then told me to go back if I either felt worse or thought I may hurt myself in any way.

A slap would have definately made me feel better!!

Kate x

diana
29-04-04, 14:13
Kate,

I know how you feel, it is quite hard to put our faith and trust in our docs when they are looking to us to make our own diagnosis and treatment plans.

It is like what am I paying you to do?

How inconsiderate of that doc to propose such a thing, as if 20 years of panic would just melt away with a holiday from work.

Makes you wonder who needs the doc ey? LOL............... :-D

Why would you go back to see her if you felt "WORSE" or felt that you may hurt yourself, when she could`nt help you before getting to that state of mind?????

It is very frustrating is`nt it?

I agree, I believe a "SLAP" at that point may have just cured alot of your immediate feelings at that moment. LOL.............. :-D

Hang in there dear, things can only get better right?????

I do hope you are feeling good today.

Take care of yourself and be good to yourself.

Diana xxxx