PDA

View Full Version : pressure

kestral
25-10-11, 16:09
went to a football match on saturday and about 5 minutes from the end of the game a man about 6 seats away from us collapsed and died of a heart attack. that really upset me and my daughter and the other people in the immediate area. you dont expect something like that to happen. it will make it difficult to attend again, i already suffer health anxiety and being closed in.

ronski
25-10-11, 17:37
Yes Kestrel a very upsetting and disturbing situation but you must put it into perspective. All of us are going to die at some point and some of us will not be able to choose the location. This happens quite frequently within Britain but your chances of ever witnessing a similar event is very very low. The only way forward is to look at death as part of life, when you were born you made a contract that one day you would die. I have no real fear of death I just have a fear of dying in public and making a right idiot of myself ha ha and maybe your health anxieties are linked as the main reason for health anxiety is the real fear of death and believe me that is so normal. Everybody is frightened about dying as it is a great mystery but those who have had near death experiences say it is nothing to worry about.