PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of asking the doc for Cipralex. How bad are the side eefects?

rocklover
25-10-11, 16:39
My partner is on them, but he doesn't really mind side effects. I am terrified of side effects, mainly because I am emetophobic, but also because my anxiety and panic is at such a high rate all the time I'm not sure how I'd tolerate side effects.

Can anybody pass on their experiences, how bad are the side effects for someone who is already extremely anxious?

Anxious-in-Canada
25-10-11, 18:05
Hi There,

I can say from my experiences only that I had very mild side effects. One lingering one was a loss of appetite which can make one squeamish but never made me sick...

These meds are supposed to be one of the better ADs to help with anxiety, however they did take a long time to work for me....months as opposed to weeks...

The best thing you can do is to talk with your doctor and get a professional opinion from someone who will know you and your case....

Also read the posts here and see what people are saying of their own experiences. Just remember that most posters (myself included) will post when feeling low and looking for help so all stories aren't positive but one thing to remember is that once a person stops posting it is usually a good indication they are back to living life again and not posting their progress...

Hope this helps, take care.

haz
26-10-11, 00:32
Hi. I also suffer from emetophobia. I can honestly say out of all the many meds I have been on over the years, escitalopram caused the least side effects. I did have a bit of an upset stomach, felt a wee bit nauseous (it helps if you eat) but I didn't feel really sick nor was I sick. Unfortunately I had to switch after six months cos they weren't working for me, I was gutted due to the lack of side effects on them.

Good Luck. :)

rocklover
28-10-11, 13:54
Thank you both so much, taking meds is a huge deal for me as I had such a bad reaction to the Citalopram this time round and the Mirtzapine did nothing to help my anxiety.

I am going to ask the dr for some Cipralex this afternoon and just take it. I feel very sick most of the time because of my anxiety, so maybe I won't notice the extra nausea? I am so scared. :(

katie23
23-12-11, 14:47
I taken cipralex last year and it's side effects where hardly there! I felt abit more anxious but that was it x