PDA

View Full Version : STILL SUFFERING

linjane
24-05-06, 09:47
Hi,
I haven't posted for ages, mainly because I keep thinking I only ever post about the same thing, and this post is no different.

I'm still worrying about the missed/fluttering/ectopic beat thing. I can go for a few days sometimes even a week without letting them bother me, then suddenly the fear is back again. I've had them on and off over the last few days and I just can't understand why. I've tried to take notice of everything people have said, but I keep worrying, what if mine aren't the same and they are something bad?

Apart from them, I think my anxiety isn't too bad and would be even better if they would go away. I'm still taking 40mg of propranlol every other day so why do I still get them?

Love, Linda.x

existential crisis
24-05-06, 10:25
Lin,

They really arent anything to worry about. I know that when something frightens you it is hard to listen to other peoples reassurance because you always end up thinking that they cant be right and it has to be something more serious. The thing is though, they are just ectopic beats and completely harmless. I've had them when I wasn't suffering from anxiety and then I took no notice of them - it's you thinking that they must be something serious that is probably making them worse. Have you ever had an ECG or anything like that to put your mind at rest? Maybe it's worth thinking about if you feel like you need some definitive proof that there isnt actually anything wrong. In which case, when the ECG comes back that there is nothing wrong, you have to try and accept that there isnt a problem. Clare. xxx

*I think, therefore I am.*

Piglet
24-05-06, 11:10
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi,
I keep worrying, what if mine aren't the same and they are something bad?

Love, Linda.x

<div align="right">Originally posted by linjane - 24 May 2006 : 10:47:55</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

This is the same thought we all have Lin and not just about the funny heart happenings but anything really - that's why we keep perpetuating the whole thing.

You know really that yours aren't different because over the last few years you have had various medical appts that really would have picked something up.

I agree it's a scary symptom cos it can still scare the hell out of me too specially if I get gaps inbetween to forget about them for a bit.

Big hugs

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

**whenwillthisend**
24-05-06, 17:08
hi i went to see a cardiologist about this..as i haave been getting lots of funny heart flutters and feelings that my heart had stopped ended up having a 48 hour ecg which came back showing these ectopics...he told me the best thing to do is ignore them(hard i know)..also that if the majority of the population were checked it would show them having ectopics...just we notice them due to anxiety...they are normal for some people and as claire weeks says in her books your heart wont stop because of them!!
take care
the more we worry the worse everything will be!!!

alexis
24-05-06, 18:05
Hi Lin, nice to see you, hope you are doing OK, as you know I had this too, was admitted to hospital with it etc, I was convinced something seriously wrong, well since Ive had more serious problems this symptom has gone almost, not gone but I dont have time to worry about it so I can accept it isnt anyhting serious.
I am with you all the way, but Im sure it is anxiety, take care and keep in touch.xx

linjane
29-05-06, 22:41
Hi,
Thanks for replying and sorry I haven't posted again sooner, but I've had a really hectic few days. Our little boy is 5 tomorrow and we had a party at home for him on Saturday, lots of hard work but ended up really good ( day/night but did have lots to drink!!! Friday I'd been out with my friend and had a late night, to have to get up early on Saturday and get everything ready for party, then yesterday, we decided to go to visit some friends we'd met on hols last year, who live in Paignton(we're in wolves) stayed till this afternoon and got home bout 8pm!!!

Guess what, have had constant missed beats since my last posting and had horrible panic attack when we went for a walk on the pier today. My favourite place is anywhere by the sea but for some reason today I went into severe panic. I think it is because I have been having so many missed beats that brought it on and I do take on board everything that everyone has said, but I HATE HAVING THEM SO OFTEN!!

Hi Alexis, nice to know you're still around on here. I don't think I knew you'd been admitted to hospital at any point????

Anyway, thought I'd better post while I'd got 5mins to spare. I'm going to have an early night now another big day tomorrow.

I hope you can all reply to me again. Maybe one day the reassurance will help.

Take care, Love,
Linda.xxx

alexis
29-05-06, 23:03
Hi Linday, yes Im still here, seeking support for all this which has been made worse by my 25yr old marital split up, I was admitted to hospital In September of last year and posted at the time, it was titled Not out of the Woods, sorry i dont know how to get you the link, hoping you had an early night and get all the reassurance you need, take care.xxxx

linjane
31-05-06, 19:03
Hi Alexis,
I remember replying to you in September now, but didn't realise you'd ended up in hospital. I hope you're getting there now, but its hard isn't it????

I do feel a bit better now than I did, but I have still had some missed beats. What scared me today, was I went to the chemist (trying to give up smoking AGAIN!!!) to buy an inhalator and when the pharmacist asked about meds and I told her I was taking propranalol for ectopics/fluttering she looked quite concerned and asked how often I get them. She wouldn't sell me the inhalator cus of the propranalols so now I'm back to cold turkey again. Silly things play on our minds don't they!!??

Anyway, thanks for replying again and if you ever need to talk just e-mail me.

Take care,
Linda.xxx

alexis
31-05-06, 21:01
Hi Linda, I gave up smoking over 3 yrs ago with patches from the dr, she gave me 3 months supply on prescription, so it didnt cost much. she also took 5 months to wean me off but it worked and I never had any.All in all it cost me the price of 2 prescriptions and no hassle from the chemist.
Just a thought.
I was doing really well but then the marraigre thing sent me back, yes it is hard, but we will conquer it!! We must be positive, so hard at times I know.and you have certainly had your share of hard times.
The same goes to u Linda, Im here if ever there is anyhting I can do to help.xxxxxx