PDA

View Full Version : do i only think this?

josie1234
25-10-11, 17:46
hi everyone i guess im looking for reassurance. i have a really bad thought/feeling when i go out at night (never alone) i have a feeling/thought that if i look behind me theres going to be "nothing there" like everything behind me is gone just blackness and i feel like im standing on the edge like if you was standing on the edge of a step? just writing this seems silly but i end up closeing my eyes and dragging who ever is with me home but avoiding going the way i come incase i look behind and theres nothing there is this part of anxiety or something new? (like i really am losing my mind) :shrug: sorry was just wondering

william wallace
25-10-11, 18:09
Just turn around, it's all still there I promise:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5H0MGnzQao&feature=youtube_gdata

josie1234
25-10-11, 18:15
i no its so stupid lol just think what if its one one those times when the impossible happens :wacko: even no i no it will be fine at the time it seems very possible:blush:

william wallace
25-10-11, 18:32
How about carrying a small mirror and use it to just check that everythings still there?

josie1234
25-10-11, 19:27
never thought of that good idea i try it thanks!:hugs:

william wallace
25-10-11, 19:45
You could make like you're checking your lippy:D
All the best WW

josie1234
25-10-11, 20:20
You could make like you're checking your lippy:D
All the best WW
does that mean i cant go out without lippy on now :ohmy: lol thanks for the advise i will defo try it and let you know x

Jack1231
25-10-11, 21:11
Certainly part of anxiety. The feeling of 'losing your mind' is very typical. Most people don't realise it is so they think it's a symptom of a more serious mental illness, like psychosis. But i promise everything will still be there. Unless your tripping on magic mushrooms.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Don't know if i am allowed to mention an illegal drug... they are illegal, don't use them

josie1234
25-10-11, 22:00
thank you it seems so silly thinking that and i do laugh about it when the feelings passed but at the time it feels very real just need the courage to turn round and look instead of running away:blush: thanks for the support guys :hugs: