PDA

View Full Version : Is this pancreatitis or indigestion?

Girl_Interrupted
25-10-11, 21:50
For the last few days I've had a funny pain, upper centre abdomen, just below the breast bone, it kinda comes and goes, but its not severe or I have any other symptoms. The weird thing is its not really painful just like a niggle!! I have been stressed out lately and thought it might be acid reflux. Having a freaky panicky moment :(

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Anyone with any advice please :)

ronski
25-10-11, 21:58
Yes it's probably acid related, it may be a gastritis because of your recent stress or as you say indigestion. It certainly dosent sound like pancreatitis as that pain is central, severe and radiates through to the back and you would feel very ill. Obviously I don't know anything about your medical health history but if it gets any worse then seek advice from your doctor.

Girl_Interrupted
26-10-11, 00:05
Hi Ronski thanks for ur post, I dont have any severe pain, I dont know why this has stuck in my head really!! I was doing so well, but unfortunately got very stressed out at the weekend and had no sleep at all, not good :( I'm reasonably healthy, drink alcohol very rarely maybe have a drink with a meal and that's about it. I dont smoke either! no family history either. So it would make sense that its more likely to be acid reflux than anything more serious. Just the way my minds works that's all, always goes worse case scenario!

ScaredGuy
04-10-15, 02:00
Did you find out what it was?

lofwyr
04-10-15, 06:10
My father had pancreatitis and it is not a subtle illness. He is an old school tough guy, the kind who never goes to the doctor. He was brutally sick, as ill as anyone I have ever known. Trust me, if you had pancreatitis, you would be in the. ER and not even thinking about the possibility. It is ugly.

ScaredGuy
04-10-15, 16:20
lofwyr,

I believe you are referring to Acute Pancreatitis, not chronic. Chronic can be subtle with with tricky symptoms.. Did your dad have an episode of Acute Pancreatitis or Chronic Pancreatitis?

My father had pancreatitis and it is not a subtle illness. He is an old school tough guy, the kind who never goes to the doctor. He was brutally sick, as ill as anyone I have ever known. Trust me, if you had pancreatitis, you would be in the. ER and not even thinking about the possibility. It is ugly.

lofwyr
04-10-15, 20:33
My bad, it was definitely acute. Apologies.

jenni89
04-10-15, 20:44
My mother had pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer and her symptoms were always far from subtle.

ScaredGuy
04-10-15, 23:43
Jenni,

How did the treatment go?

jenni89
05-10-15, 00:26
My mother passed away 4 months after cancer diagnosis unfortunately.

ScaredGuy
05-10-15, 04:17
I'm sorry for your loss, Jenni.

Jaycey
29-06-18, 12:40
Jenni..So sorry to hear about your mom. Reading this has really scared me now :weep: