PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New Here!

Dan1975
25-10-11, 20:27
Hello All,

Just a quick note to say hi to everyone!

Just a little background info on me in case you're interested...I've been a long term sufferer of GAD. Must have been around 15 years now! If I'm honest with myself I've never really done much about it. I've coped in my own way (drinking too much etc, etc (not an alkie mind)). I have tried counselling a couple of times too, but it didn't work out for various reasons. Not ruling it out as the answer mind.

I recently visited the doctor because I was having trouble sleeping and he was interested to know the root cause and we got to talking about the anxiety. He pre-scribed me with 20MG of Citalopram and I've been on them a week. Feeling a little better since, but have some side effects. Understand these should wear off. Am due to be booked in for more counselling too.

Anyway, that's me. Hi again and hope to get to know you all and swap ideas etc.

Cheers,

Dan:)

nomorepanic
25-10-11, 20:31
Hi Dan1975

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Dan1975
25-10-11, 20:34
Hi Dan1975

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Thanks Nicola.

Jack1231
25-10-11, 21:07
Welcome!
What are some of your common symptoms?

tatt2
27-10-11, 18:26
hi dan, just thought i would drop u a line your situation sounds similar to my own, self medicating with alcohol it does my head in, i drink far to much, trying to change my lifestyle but tricky my mates all drink in the pub, well you get the picture, anyway your not on ya own :welcome: