PDA

View Full Version : i dont like crowds

kaz806
25-10-11, 21:44
I've been invited out tomorrow night to celebrate diwali but i know there will be loads of people Im going with friends from church i don't want to look an idiot

Em.ma
25-10-11, 22:16
I hate crowds to. I detest going into town. I walk around really angry and self conciosous and like everyone else is looking at me and laughing at me. my friend is the same we were both bullied in secondary school and we are both the same now.
I dont know what else to say other than your not alone x
take care

x emma

mrk74
26-10-11, 11:26
Same here im afraid, I was bullied at secondary school and I lost all my confidence. I absolutely hate having to go into town when its very crowed. I get so self concious and parnoid that people are thinking im a nutter or something. But I think its just symptom of my anxiety and depression. Most people don't even think about us, they are to busy with there own problems and issues. Just remember that most of the people there will be feeling quite shy themselves. Just go and have fun, you will feel better for it the next day. Take care and have fun.:D

caterpillar
04-11-11, 16:31
I can relate. I despise crowded shops and the noise that comes with it. I find myself anxious even walking about outside if plenty of people about since i feel they are looking/judging me. I realize its all in my head so one has to choose to press on. It does get easier the more one pushes through the it. I'd say the longest i can handle being in a grocery store is an hour before i feel like im in a dream/or going crazy. Anyone else feel that way ?

theharvestmouse
04-11-11, 17:12
I get this, I walked through town last week and I felt like everyone was looking at me and then I feel really self concious. I was on the tube last month and got off a stop and no-one else got off, I had to walk down the platform and everyone on the damn train was looking at me and I wanted to just run and hide.

debs71
04-11-11, 18:21
I can relate. I despise crowded shops and the noise that comes with it. I find myself anxious even walking about outside if plenty of people about since i feel they are looking/judging me. I realize its all in my head so one has to choose to press on. It does get easier the more one pushes through the it. I'd say the longest i can handle being in a grocery store is an hour before i feel like im in a dream/or going crazy. Anyone else feel that way ?

I get that 'dream' thing quite often too.

I went food shopping on Wed and felt at one point like everything wasn't real and I wasn't really there. It is a BIZARRE feeling and I hate it.

I hate crowds as well, but never used to until I started having anxiety/panic attacks. I can't bear people walking really close behind me either, and I also hate when you are walking to particular places and it seems that the person behind you is going everywhere that you are going. It unsettles me - not in a fearful sense - but it just sets my nerves on edge.

I think it is not just the number of people, and having to dodge around buggies, families, etc, but it is the NOISE of crowds. I can't hear myself think and start panicking.

Another joy of anxiety.:mad:

I also don't know how to advise you hun, except to say that I can relate and I do find that the more you face these situations, the better you are able to just crack on and handle them.

xxx:hugs:

Mauisangel
16-11-11, 05:35
i love that i have the relief of knowing that i am not the only one out there that suffers from this, its not that idont like people, i just a/ fear that everyone is staring at me and think i look like a man because i was teased and people that hate me say i do and b/ i get scared i am going to get a panic, anxiety attack in a crowd before i even go because hearing twenty to even thousands of voices scare the crap out of me, my mind can't handle it and i start to panic, funny....i never used to b this way, but my anxiety disorder has forced me into this corner, hoping once i start counseling for my fears and panic problems i will b able to attend a raider game again.... :blush:

theharvestmouse
16-11-11, 14:43
I sometimes find myself being really angry with people when I'm in public.