PDA

View Full Version : Constant anxiety?

Maxine1001
26-10-11, 00:05
I dont know what is happening, but basically i feel on edge, have stabbing chest pains all the time, at the moment im convinced i have DVT in my leg because i have a pain there. Today at work i felt like i couldnt walk straight and my eyes were swimming, i also felt cold in my body put i could of happily plunged my face into an ice cold freezer because i felt it was on fire

after countless visits to my GP i am still not convinced this is down to anxiety, im scared of everything from the moment i wake up until i go to sleep, and even then i have trouble. i cant sleep because im afraid of not waking up

i do apologize for poor spelling and/or grammar in my writing. i just want to ask if anyone can understand what im going through. i work in a well known supermarket and wanted to better myself but this has held me back. I constantly am looking over my shoulder because i fear that someone is going to go on a random killing spree like derreck bird or that norweigen guy did and it terrifys me

im not even safe at home anymore ive had panic attacks just about everywhere now and i just feel that no one understands, im clinging to my job by a thread because of this and i dont know what to do

eva82
26-10-11, 01:01
Yup, I too feel constant anxiety all day and frequent panic attacks. I know that my constant fear and worry is caused by severe health anxiety and not completely accepting that all my symptoms are just anxiety. I really want to believe that it is just anxiety, but I've read too much, googled too many hours, that I've convinced my mind that I have some serious illness that is being misdiagnosed. It's all part of the fear-adrenaline-fear cycle. Have you tried any therapy or meds to help you? I just started CBT and may have to switch my meds since I'm now becoming agoraphobic, and living in fear of my symptoms. Ok, now I've worked myself I to a panic just thinking about what my life has become- it's time for some deep breathing! ;)

Just know you are not alone!! Xx

belgarion
26-10-11, 12:16
When I had these problems I found that distractions made it go away. Your brain is concentrating on something you enjoy doing and the anxiety goes away, along with all the symptoms. Something simple like a comedy TV series is enough to cheer me up and take my attention. I can get to the end of a show and feel completely normal again.

Obviously this doesn't fix it when your really worked up and it may not always be possible to sit in front of a TV while your at work, but it does prove that it was the anxiety that takes over and just by knowing this can help you battle it next time.

Problem with anxiety is it's clever (because your clever) and will change once you got used to 1 thing, something else will come along. It can be very difficult to now adopt a new symptom as anxiety, but trust in yourself that it is.

Also have a look at some CBT trainnig. It's really very good!

Remember we are all here with similar problems and we understand what your saying! It's difficult for others who have not experienced it at it's worst to understand.

I hope you feel better!

Jamesk
26-10-11, 12:28
Problem with anxiety is it's clever (because your clever) and will change once you got used to 1 thing, something else will come along. It can be very difficult to now adopt a new symptom as anxiety, but trust in yourself that it is.

How can I have got to 50 years of age without realising this before :blush:

belgarion
26-10-11, 12:48
How can I have got to 50 years of age without realising this before :blush:

It's just my opinion. I lost count of the amount of issues I had 1 after the other, so it sticks in my mind that I had to constantly get used to them and then they go, replaced by somehting else. Eventually you run out of problems.. :)

Abbo
26-10-11, 14:09
Great to hear you can distract yourself and cope, I somehow do but really don't know how and continue to do everything without enjoying anything if that makes sense. I have no bad thoughts not really depressed or have panic attacks, my symptoms are just feeling very light headed, dizzy and vision is awful. Along with weak legs and arms etc, I need to find that mental strength but can't seem to do it!

Maxine1001
26-10-11, 20:58
Im on a waiting list for therapy and all the pescriptions ive been given i had to come off because of side effects which made me 10 times worse (if thats possible lol!)

Going back to the docs tomorrow to push for CBT because of what ive heard about it

Thanks for the replys, its really helped :)