PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks/depression

september50
26-10-11, 09:24
Hoping someone out there can be of help and point me in right direction,my daughter aged 40 last yr had to leave her job because of family problems she has always worked full time for the past 20 odd yrs always going back to work after the birth of her children,last yr her personal life fell apart and she was left on her own with children and the house under repossession and huge bills outstanding,she knew nothing of these circumstances until the debts came to the front door after her now X husband had left.She went to piece's and had a complete breakdowwn and over the past 12 mths I have been making sure she is ok,we have been to one Atos Medical and her ESA continued from that result,she now has been told she has to attend another on 9th NOvember and she has gone to pieces again at the thought of discussing and bringing up the problem again,I found the examiner very off hand and want to know how I can help her as she is in no way well enough to return to work,she has tried working in a charity shop to over come her problem but just desolves into tears at contact with other people,I fear for her mental health and don't know what to do .Thanks for any help given

Chem
29-10-11, 06:54
Hello. The Atos medicals and ESA are a nightmare. I really empathise with your daughter's position. Thank goodness she has you to help her.

There are a number of posts about Atos and ESA if you check on the forum. (click on forum top left or use the search box at the top)

Is your daughter on any medication? Her doctor might give her short term meds to help her through. Citizen's Advice are very good at helping with the paperwork. She can also ask for a Mental Health Advocate to help and attend the medical with her.