PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of anxiety not panic

Abbo
26-10-11, 15:02
Can anyone relate to my symptoms although I don't have panic attacks or depression, no racing heart or bad thoughts?

Basically all my symptoms are head related, spaced out, poor vision, feeling very faint, don't like being in certain situations and this increases all my symptoms.

The reason I ask is most threads all relate to panic or bad thoughts?

Littlehelper123
26-10-11, 17:27
I get this - its a mild depression and tiredness.

I get the feeling like i look at myself in the mirror and im just confused , i feel spaced out ,counfused, tired , dizzy, feel faint, and yeah

don't be alarmed by the mild depression part, by eating some healthy food and cutting some caffiene out you will feel a lot better. Try exercising too because that freshens you up too xxx

Maxine1001
26-10-11, 21:04
I got sent a list of sypmtoms caused by anxiety and panic by my doctor the other day, it helps me to read through it when im feeling the way you do, its copied and paste from my email into notepad so it might come up a bit weird but hope it helps

PanchoGoz
26-10-11, 21:57
Woah! Super long list there.
Don't worry. Behind all panic is anxiety. People on here tend to talk about the big alarming panicy things rather than the anxiety feelings because the feelings are much harder to explain and you tend to feel like you are talking nonsense or babbling.
I can totally relate to your thoughts and loads of other people would too. Unexplained panic is something people experience as a side effect of anxiety. Anxiety for me is so much worse because of the head feelings you describe.
Stay hidrated and eat well.

Abbo
26-10-11, 22:22
Thank you, the list makes things more exeptable as it's not just me,!
Started on flouxitine 3 days ago and from what I can make out hopefully this will take the edge of things in a couple of weeks!

Maxine1001
26-10-11, 23:44
Yeah its a long list lol reading it though i was suprised to be able to relate to the majority of it

i dont generally have the racing heartbeat etc of panic all the time but some things on that list are constant for me so i guess its down to anxiety, it is horrible though :(

i dont know if it will help you but i bought the rescue remedy spray and found it helps when the symptoms got to a point where it felt too much

Abbo
27-10-11, 09:43
I have tried them before but no help really, I started fluoxetine 3days ago and up my dose today so hope I will be ok, my symptoms are loads worse already but apparently you have to get worse to get better. Going to see a cbt therapist today to see if that can help to so fingers crossed

Magic
27-10-11, 09:56
Blimey, will read all list later Maxine.
i have same trouble as you Abbo. Going shopping is a task when you have all that going on. I feel I'm going tp pass out. very scary.
Hope you go on ok with meds.

jill
27-10-11, 12:57
Hi hun :D:hugs::hugs:

To know and understand anxiety is very hard, to know and understand your own is just as hard.

We do tend to come on this great site to find someone who is simialer to ourselves, we may find them, we may not, there are lots of symptoms on the anxiety list, some are commom, some are not, some may not even be on the list.

I myself can relate to your symptoms, it is commom in alot of people for your anxiety symptom to target one part of the body, if you read through this site you can see pattens forming with different people, some its mainly there heads, some there hearts, some there tummy, other pattens too.

I myself when acute, the symptoms I had tended to be all over, Mmm not at the same time, put the symptoms tended to change. I was frightend all the time.

It is good to get to know other peoples symptoms and symptoms of anxiety, but get to know your own, what is normal anxiety, (so to speak ) for YOU.

Rememeber we may all have simialer symptoms of anxiety, but what brought is there and whats keeping it there is different for us all.

There are lots of past threads on genral anxiety, reading through them can take long, but it may help you understand things a little more.

When I first joined this great site, I read EVERTHING on this site from cover to cover, I do feel that by doing this, this was one of many things that helped me move forward.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

Abbo
27-10-11, 13:05
Thanks Jill, I think starting on flux has really increased my symptoms and getting me down, I am due to go from 10 to 20mg today and I can't do it. Really don't think I could take it if symptoms got worse, maybe they just don't agree with me. I try to understand why and when I have the feelings but it's 24/7 and I can't seem to get out of the loop! Time for a different strategy!

hyppiegirl
27-10-11, 13:50
Try to stick with the meds, I know it gets worse and then it will get so much better. I know I get panic attacks as well every once in awhile but I have constant anxiety. I should say rather I have cycles of constant anxiety I will be fine for a few months then it runs me over and I just have to wait for the cycle to end. When I am having a cycle I go on chat and get distracted lol they are funny funny stuff in there.

Abbo
27-10-11, 15:08
Thanks, I think my symptoms are to bad after 3 10mg doses I don't think I can go higher, going to talk to the gp shortly, how long is this stuff in your system after only a small amount for 3 days?