PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Pains on top of my head - SCARED!!

CJA09
26-10-11, 16:03
Since last evening and throughout the night i've had a sharp pain on the top of my head slightly to the right. It comes and goes but is happening at least a few times an hour. It's a quick sharp stinging pain???
I'm panicking at what it could be? I take 20mg escitralopram a day and have just had my dose of cerazzette (contraceptive pill) doubled as i've been having light bleeding for past 6 weeks!
Have taken pain killers but not much difference and it woke me in the night. Anyone else experienced this?

vicky23
26-10-11, 17:47
I think these are called brain shocks or zaps and are common with anxiety. I get them occassionally and they're scary but when I saw a few posts on here about brain zaps and the description fitted what I was experiencing that put my mind at ease a bit to know it's not just me!

CJA09
26-10-11, 22:14
Hey Vicky
Thanks for your reply. I've unfortunatley experienced head shocks before when trying to withdraw from anti depressants, this is very different. Its a sharp quick pain, in one area, leaves a dull ache then goes away then does it again. Still doing it, freaking out now :(