PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to exercise?

Jimgym
26-10-11, 18:44
Like many people on here I seem to have discovered the silver bullet - exercise.

However, I fear I may be addicted! :scared15: Since beginning the gym about a year ago I find it very hard to go a day without doing some exercise in a morning. Even a 10 minute jog is good enough for me to get 'my fix' and be a lot more positive and anxiety free for the remainder of the day.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same thing? I'm not sure whether it's a problem as such - I'm sure it's a lot better than being hooked on benzos and as addictions go, its a pretty healthy one.

Maybe its my mindset that needs addressing? IE I associate exercise with having an anxiety free day and no exercise immediately means I will have an day filled with anxiety.

Any feedback appreciated :)
Jim

pinkdove
26-10-11, 21:24
Hi jim, if your exercise makes you feel better, then that can only be a good thing, as we all know exercise does help with anxiety and depression, so i would'nt worry, you have found a way of helping yourself, and good on you, keep it up, and keep feeling better x

evil monkey
27-10-11, 03:33
carry on :)....eat right...don't overdo....give yourself enough rest. personally now it's winter, most of my stuff will be done indoors http://smileys.smilchat.net/smiley/sport/athletisme/vil2_piscine.gif

Jimgym
05-11-11, 15:19
Thanks guys. I'll keep carrying on but make sure I don't push myself too far. As EM said, its important to get plenty of rest too.