PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - Can I Have a Decent Drink?

Dan1975
27-10-11, 09:01
Hi All,

If you've seen my other post on Citalopram you'll know I've been on it for about 10 days now. I have another question regarding it....Can I drink with it? I see from the leaflet enclosed that it recommends you do not drink, but I usually go out and have about 5 beers twice a week.

What advise do you have?

Thanks,

Dan

avasnana
27-10-11, 09:39
Hi Dan,

My friend is on 20mg of Citalopram and she drinks as she always has done and feels fine, she says she sometimes is drunk a little bit quicker than she used to be but that is all.

Thanks
Claire

Vanilla Sky
27-10-11, 10:01
Its fine , just dont go overboard :)

Dan1975
27-10-11, 10:02
Hi Dan,

My friend is on 20mg of Citalopram and she drinks as she always has done and feels fine, she says she sometimes is drunk a little bit quicker than she used to be but that is all.

Thanks
Claire
Thanks. Will give it a go then. sounds like the tabs might even save me a bit of cash.

mikewales
27-10-11, 10:07
You can, but beware that lots of alcohol can block the cit and stop it working as well, so you may end up with increased anx for a few days, and a bad hangover on top !

belgarion
27-10-11, 12:24
I haven't seen your other post, but there is obviously a reason for being on Citalopram. Whatever your reasons I'm not sure a decent drinking session is what the body/brain requires during its healing process.

But then again and damn good night out is always good medicine! :)

sophia_x
27-10-11, 13:54
Im on 30mg.I had 4 vodka and lemonades at the weekend. Just drink them slowly and have water inbetween. The only thing i did notice is I didnt get as drunk x

Greenman50
27-10-11, 18:19
No problem at all for me , have a good night out :D