PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best type of alcohol to drink on Citalopram?

Keeelo
27-10-11, 17:45
Hey everyone,

I realize you are advised to avoid alcohol while on citalopram but I'm 22 and now I have my social life back I would like to act like a normal 22 year old.

The problem I have now is that every time I have a few beers, I sit down and just conk out! My mates find it hard to wake me up again and I end up being the party pooper :(

Soooo, I was wondering if anyone had had the same problem and if anyone had found a way round this or if there is a better type of alcohol to drink than lager?

I have been on 20mg citalopram for 4 months now and was going to try to come off them but my doctor advised otherwise.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

nomorepanic
27-10-11, 17:50
Hi Keeelo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Hazel B
27-10-11, 20:28
Check with the pharmacist. :)

HarvestMoon
27-10-11, 22:27
I think we've had this discussion somewhere else before and the conclusion was inconclusive, i.e. we all have a favoured drink and what works for me won't for you. You'll have to experiment! Should be fun. For me red wine is fine.

Good luck.

Keeelo
27-10-11, 22:39
Cheers guys,

I do like a bit of red wine ;)

Regards,
Kyle

eight days a week
27-10-11, 22:57
I would think a spirit and mixer (calories/energy in the mixer, and caffeine if it's coke). Just avoid Red Bull, it's poison!!