PDA

View Full Version : sinus scan - chronic sinusitis - worried :(

mike_coventry_uk
27-10-11, 19:41
Hi all,

I had a ct scan on my sinuses 12 days ago and a letter has come through to get my results. i have to go back to the ENT that ordered the scan, when i visited the ENT dept the dr checked my nasal passage and put a telescope into my nose down the upper part of my throat and said it looked fine.

i have still been having problems with my throat,feel a lump in my throat at times and my left tonsil hurts slightly. i am not creating enough saliva and my mouth is constantly dry,nothing seems to shift this. i have been using a nasal spray for about 1 month and dont think its to any benefit.

i am just concerned that there is something to worry about, the doctor at ENT wrote a letter to my gp stating i had chronic sisnusitis9 has nayone ever had this) does it sound like what i have? i dont get pain in the face and i thought this was a common side effect of sinusitis.

any advice or help on the dry throat would be great and i guess its just fingers crossed for monday :(

cheers
mike

Gemma T
27-10-11, 23:59
I wouldn't worry sweetie. Anything sinister and they will call as they want u in there and then. To me (without reading about it) chronic sin sounds like sinustis that will plague u 4 the rest of ur days. Just my opinion but its what I get from the word chronic

Love Gem x x x

Mirabelle
28-10-11, 00:32
I had Sinusitis and it was painful and my throat was sore sometimes. I think you dry mouth could be due to hyperventilation. Try to keep you lips closed and 'belly' breathe thru your nose.
xx