PDA

View Full Version : Mum-In-Law's 90th birthday and I'm in withdrawal!

Lotsoflavender
27-10-11, 23:44
I've been battling the monkey for 3 months since my citalopram seemed to stop working after 3 years. My new doctor wants me off it so she can try sommat new.
She has forbidden me to use Ativan for emergencies BUT this weekend my dearly beloved and I have to drive 5 hours to the Gold Coast in Queensland for his mum's 90th birthday on Sunday. I'm a mess from coming down off Citalopram and DB is not well at all. So 1mg Ativan has gone under my tongue this morning and likely to do most of the weekend. Otherwise I just can't cope.
So I'm being a bad, bad girl.:scared15:
Wendy

suzy-sue
27-10-11, 23:59
Dont blame you ..But 1mg will hardly do anything ..I cant see the prob of using it for a a few days A lot of Drs perscribe it for a couple of weeks to help with side effects and withdrwals .It wont hurt you .even if you increase it a bit .HAVE A GOOD TIME .Luv Sue x

Joellie
28-10-11, 00:01
Sometimes I think you know yourself what you need to do! Theres nothing wrong with taking initiative sometimes! Have a lovely weekend there! Why did she forbid you? I dont really know what it is! So i cant comment lol I was on citalopram for various periods over the last few years so i know what coming off feels like!