PDA

View Full Version : Cervical Cancer Worries Now?

GirlAfraid23
28-10-11, 11:32
Hi Everyone,

Well I've been experiencing on and off pains in my pelvis for some time now and was worried it might have been ovarian cancer. But managed to put these thoughts to one side.

I am on the combined oral contraceptive pill and have been for nearly two years now. I usually have my 7 day break so I can have my withdrawal bleed but yesterday was my usual day of stopping a packet but I decided to run them back to back as I have an interview next week and don't want to be in pain for that.

Anyway, I've done this before a few times so it isn't a new thing for me, however I went to the toilet just now to wipe myself and have been having freqent urination of late anyway. When I wiped there was quite thick discharge (gross sorry!) and mixed in with a little blood, there was also some on my knickers - like a brown/red colour. Obviously I'm now panicking, its too late to call my GP as I have to make an appointment at 8am in the morning and with the weekend coming up i'd have to wait until next week.
I'm 22 years old, no history of cervical/breast or female cancers in family and as I say have been on the pill for almost two years. Hope someone can help :(

Carrera74
28-10-11, 11:46
I'm quite sure breakthrough bleeding is possible even if you don't break from your pills. I think if you're experiencing this regular then you need to get checked over. Are you up to date with your smear? If you are maybe just mention it at your next appointment for your repeat prescription.

GirlAfraid23
28-10-11, 11:48
I'm quite sure breakthrough bleeding is possible even if you don't break from your pills. I think if you're experiencing this regular then you need to get checked over. Are you up to date with your smear? If you are maybe just mention it at your next appointment for your repeat prescription.

I've never had a smear as I'm only 22 and they don't advise them until you're 25 or over.

I'm thinking of going to the docs to get it checked out but so worried it'll be something awful.

I'm getting some new pills either next month or month after so guess I could mention to the nurse then but they seem to just shrug these things off most of the time

Carrera74
28-10-11, 13:19
If you are worried go and get yourself checked over. Maybe make an app with the nurse if the doc can't fit you in. Mention your pelvic pain too just so your mind is set at ease :)

GirlAfraid23
28-10-11, 17:23
If you are worried go and get yourself checked over. Maybe make an app with the nurse if the doc can't fit you in. Mention your pelvic pain too just so your mind is set at ease :)

Do you think there's something bad going on then?

crystal17
29-10-11, 01:21
I wish the NHS would screen women under 25, it really bugs me!

Anyway, maybe its cystitus or another urine infection? Better to just go and get it checked so they can give you some antibiotics just in case. I doubt if its anything serious given your age and family history.

I went TEN YEARS without a smear test (am 31 now and they used to give them earlier when I had my first at 21), because I was scared of the result and I had been getting pelvic pains too. It was all clear and I will go regularly from now on.

Hope you get on ok x

GirlAfraid23
29-10-11, 17:56
I wish the NHS would screen women under 25, it really bugs me!

Anyway, maybe its cystitus or another urine infection? Better to just go and get it checked so they can give you some antibiotics just in case. I doubt if its anything serious given your age and family history.

I went TEN YEARS without a smear test (am 31 now and they used to give them earlier when I had my first at 21), because I was scared of the result and I had been getting pelvic pains too. It was all clear and I will go regularly from now on.

Hope you get on ok x

I'm actually scared to go the the docs in case it is something serious. I'm also so busy this week and not sure I'm going to find the time to be able to go :(
At the moment its just discolured discharge with a slight blood but havent had it since yesterday and pains (like period pains) in the pelvic region. But I also always need to wee (every 10 mins at its worst) which makes me think its a urine issue but i've had urine samples taken and blood taken and all came back negative!

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Maybe I need to change my pill?

crystal17
29-10-11, 23:05
I can relate to that feeling of being too scared to go to the doctor in case its something serious.

It sounds like it could be pill-related, have you taken your pills without a break before? If so have you had any of these symptoms?

Also, this sounds like a crazy question but have you missed any of your pills in the past month - and could you possibly be pregnant?

If you can't go to the docs then maybe go to a chemist and speak to a pharmacist, take your pills with you and they may be able to tell you if these symptoms are a side effect of that pill.

Try not to agonise over it though, it is SO unlikely that you have anything seriously wrong with you.

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Forgot to add, this isnt a fun topic to talk about but have you had unprotected sex with someone else...I'm just thinking it could possibly be an STI, sorry to bring it up but it just crossed my mind.