PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause a tickel sensation in throat?

reddevil
24-05-06, 19:32
Hello all,

Was doing ok for the last week but for some reason, I have had a terrible day and need yet more answers from people who can help?

I woke up feeling better than normal but around 10am I felt a little anxious and I felt my chest tighten and my throat felt a little sore.

I then for some reason felt around my mouth with my tongue and felt a lump, which my wife has looked and said it could be the ripples of my mouth skin as no lump is present. Basically, back of my mouth on the top left feels different from the right side.

This i feel has got me in a mess and I was wondering if anxiety can cause tension in the throat cusing slight tickle sensation like a very minor sore throat but feels different from normal?

Thankyou for your time,

Tony

nell1965
24-05-06, 20:05
yes it can, my friend constantly has a tickle when she is anxious which causes her to clear her throat all the time, it tends to be caused by tightening/spasms of the throat muscles,kinda related to globus, a lot of people who suffered from this when anxious often continue to do it when anxiety passes just out of habit, im sure its nothing to worry about

I just want my life back
nell
x

trevor
24-05-06, 20:52
hey tony,,

i think anxiety can cause just about anything,,,(if we let it),
i think the key is trying not to focus on ant 1 thing at a time cause that just fuels things,

ok,

trevor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

Daisybun
24-05-06, 21:18
Definitely, throat tension was one of my worst symptoms last year. The more we focus on it the worse it becomes, i find that with my current symptoms. Grot isn't it? But the key is to accept it is anxiety and not let it get to you, easier said than done but it does work.
Hope you feel better soon.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

darkangel
24-05-06, 21:55
in answer to your question does anxiety cause a tickle in your throat - YES

I was on a flight a few weeks ago and managed to control my anxiety as best as i could but my throat was exactly how you described it. I kept sipping water and tried to keep clearing it , I thought it was going to close at one point.

Once I landed and we got off, it vanished. I thought it may have been the difference in the air inside the plane but it happened again when I was on a bus (once again a bit anxious) and it did go away.

........life is for living not just for surviving