PDA

View Full Version : Seen my urologist today.

Trevstan
28-10-11, 14:54
He explained that my kidney's come back clear but want's to do the camera down to see my bladder to put a line under it if everything checks out ok.

Now on to the liver he said i have a 15mm growth they are not 100% sure what it is but he said it most likely is a hemangioma which is a collection of vein's on the liver.

But to be ceratin he want's me to have another CT Scan with contrast.

Trying not to worry but my mind is taking me to place's where i don't want to think about.

Is a hemangioma pretty common?

Trevstan
28-10-11, 19:07
Anyone know much about this?

brew30
28-10-11, 20:01
I wrked on urology for 10yrs there going to give you a cystoscopy, known in the trade as a flexi. its a little camera the goes into your penis over in minutes. if you have had a ct scan n nowts shown then there doing the test to have a look round your bladder,,n uretha, thats the tube from your kidney into your bladder..hope this has helped:hugs:

Trevstan
28-10-11, 20:21
Thank's yeah the doc said it's over pretty quickly.

Now i just need some closure on this damn liver problem, one problem is making another all the time.

If the doctor i seen was at all concerned would i have been rushed in for an emergency CT Scan?

brew30
28-10-11, 21:30
Thank's yeah the doc said it's over pretty quickly.

Now i just need some closure on this damn liver problem, one problem is making another all the time.

If the doctor i seen was at all concerned would i have been rushed in for an emergency CT Scan? well your in abit of look, i left urology in june n went to wrk on upper/GI.which is liver n gastro. but still dont know much about it,know loads about urology but not liver. but will ask one of the other staff nurses that have wrked on there yrs, not back at wrk till wens nite. but dont think u have enything to worry about. soooo chin up. easy i know. cos i'm the same n nurses or the worst xx:hugs:

Trevstan
30-10-11, 19:17
Started thinking about this again has anyone ever had a lesion on there liver?

Also i thought a Ultrasound scan you can see all the liver?

Hazel B
31-10-11, 18:11
Yep, I had many scans last year. It's a long story but I had gallstones, scans also showed a liver lesion. I had to have CT scans and MRIs to check my liver and it delayed the diagnosis on my tummy trouble and contributed to anxiety.

The lesion was finally declared benign, (it had a complcated name but I won't bore you). The scans they do now are relatively new to medicine and they are seeing all this stuff they didn't know about before. I had no signs of liver disease and I rarely drink alcohol but I was losing weight and very worried. The weight loss was of course anxiety but I thought the worst.

They will check your liver scan & you may be asked to return for a scan with greater resolution. It means you are being looked after properly so try not to fret too much.

Trevstan
01-11-11, 00:02
Yep, I had many scans last year. It's a long story but I had gallstones, scans also showed a liver lesion. I had to have CT scans and MRIs to check my liver and it delayed the diagnosis on my tummy trouble and contributed to anxiety.

The lesion was finally declared benign, (it had a complcated name but I won't bore you). The scans they do now are relatively new to medicine and they are seeing all this stuff they didn't know about before. I had no signs of liver disease and I rarely drink alcohol but I was losing weight and very worried. The weight loss was of course anxiety but I thought the worst.

They will check your liver scan & you may be asked to return for a scan with greater resolution. It means you are being looked after properly so try not to fret too much.

Guessing the name was a hemangioma it's the name the doctor said it quite possibly be.

I guess they can't be overally concerned or i would have been for my second scan faster, surely they have some idea from the original urogram

Hazel B
01-11-11, 11:51
It's "focal nodular hyperplasia" and is damage on my liver. I had a follow up scan to check it hadn't grown and was then discharged from the consultants care.

They don't really know what causes it or how it got there, one scanner told me I may have been born with it.

Try not to worry and just trust the medics to look after you.

Trevstan
01-11-11, 21:31
Yeah trying not to get to worried about it, i think if they was any cause for concern they would have been able to see it in the original ct scan/ultrasound scan and also see it in my blood's my ALT level has been raised but it's been like that for 4 year's now since i was diagnosed with fatty lier.

Trevstan
04-11-11, 19:50
Still waiting for my damn letter with a date for my CT Scan this is not good for people that worry waited over a week now.