PDA

View Full Version : A little about little me

nini
24-05-06, 20:44
Ok, what should I say? I a professional working in training development. I am 31 years old and suffered my first depression when I was 19. It came back years late at 24 and never really left. I have tried everything to make my anxiety and depression go away: therapy, acupuncture, massage, vitamins and natural supplements, diary, self help books,meditation, yoga and yes, medication. After a while you kinda say to yourself, holly crap!!!!

Today, I just try to be. What I find hard is my lack of passion and excitement in my life. I might be pregnant and waiting for the blood test to come back: another holly crap!!!! Yes, I am freaking out and I worry that I will not be a good mother.

Well that's me in a nutshell!

Nini[:X]

Daisybun
24-05-06, 21:15
Hi Nini
Welcome to the forum. There's lots of help and support here. [8D]
I'm sure you will make a great mum, there are lots of doing it right now, despite anxiety, its natural to worry about becoming a mum but its a gift.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

giddy
24-05-06, 21:30
Welcome to the site Nini
Love Helen

Alexandra
25-05-06, 13:53
Hi Nini

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

jackie
25-05-06, 15:27
nini im so glad you found people who know just what you go through

perhaps if you are pregnant it would not be such a bad thing, after all you have been through so much it can only help to make you a sympathetic mum yourself

jackie

trac67
25-05-06, 16:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nini
25-05-06, 16:51
Thank you for the warm welcome. FYI- my boyfriend of two years wants me to have an abortion and wants nothing to do with this baby (if I am pregnant). He said a lot of mean things and I kicked him out of my house. He is moving out today. Very hard :( but I will be better with time

Nini

shiv
25-05-06, 17:29
Hi and welcome Nini,

I'm sorry to hear about you're boyfriend but you really are better off without people like that in your life. I'm sure you'd make a great mother- the fact that you are worried whether you can do a good job of it or not proves that you will. If you weren't worried about how you will stand up to the job you wouldn't be normal!!!

Shiv x

KatiePie
25-05-06, 22:21
Hi Nini
Poor you, sounds tough at the moment :-( ..............
but I think you're right not to put up with someone treating you badly. You're being very brave. Good luck with the results of your test!
KatiePie

Attsila
29-05-06, 14:35
Hey nini.
I thought you were talking about me for a moment there when you said that you just try to be and that you don't get over excited about everything. That is how I have felt lately. You will be a wonderful mother I am sure. If you care enough to fret over being a good parent then I am certain you will be [^] Who knows maybe the pregnancy will give you something positive to focus on so that your life can improve for awhile. If you need someone to talk just send me a message anytime.
Helena

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

scoobygirl2005
29-05-06, 15:23
Hi Nini.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here. You will be a good mother. Don't worry. There is lots of advice and support on this site and you will make loads of new friends.

Scooby2005
x x

manmoor
30-05-06, 19:03
Hi Nini

welcome to the place you can meet new friends and get lots of advice.

Mandy
x

clickaway
30-05-06, 19:30
Welcome Nini,

Yes, "just let it be" - accept the anxiety and eventually it will recede.

I am so glad you are having the baby. You'll be fine.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers