PDA

View Full Version : panic, panic & more panic

violet33
28-10-11, 21:40
i live in the United States in nyc. i am on disability for severe anxiety issues. there is one meeting for support in manhattan, but i live in brooklyn, and i find it hard to go out to get to meeting, so an online website like this works well for me. i have anxiety on top of anxiety on top of anxiety and panic on top of panic on top of panic. i occasionally go out but it has become harder and harder fo me. i try to read or do cross stitch or watch tv, or just talk to friends on phone. i try to occupy my mind with different things, just to distract myself. sometimes it works, and other times i am just plagued with fear and anxiety. i do have health fears too and have typed in to that forum here. if anyone knows of ways i can alleviate this anxiety, i'd like to know how to do that. anxiety can suck the joy out of life. I DO NOT HAVE DEPRESSION AT ALL. I ONLY HAVE ANXIETY AND PANIC ISSUES. I am very sensitive to bright light, which is not something physical, just overwhelming. too much noise, overstimulation sets off anxiety also. any feedback would be greatly appreiated. thank you.

Chem
29-10-11, 02:59
Hi. Have you read the information on here about panic attacks and anxiety? (In the forum column on the left) There are some really useful ideas how to cope. Have you discussed therapy with your doc?

Please try to keep going out if you can, even short distances. As an agoraphobic I know how hard it is to get out again once you stop.