PDA

View Full Version : Hello from me

empowered
30-10-11, 13:08
Have been lurking on this forum for the last 4 months when my anxiety reared its ugly head again after 30 years :ohmy: Back in the good old days we had no internet and no support networks - my saving grace was Dr Claire Weekes, who I'm delighted to see is still a favourite! A bit old fashioned even back then, but she had excellent advice. Went to my GP suffering from depression and she put me on Citalopram - I was climbing the walls after 3 days so stopped it and started on natural remedies such as 5HTP, St Johns Wort. Panic was 24 hours a day and eating out a definite no as I would immediately start feeling sick at the smell of food or entering a pub/restaurant. However have been slowly improving and have had a good 4-6 weeks lately. Had a blip this w/end and had to leave my pub lunch yesterday but am just trying to ride it out - I cured myself once and can do so again but its just so infuriating - I am the one who is causing my problem:mad: My additional problem is excruciating lower back pain for the last year which no one or medication has been able to touch - it gives me terrible adrenaline rushes of pain which I then think is panic so the whole cycle starts again:whistles: Anyways, hope to chat to you and be able to help in some small way.

nomorepanic
30-10-11, 13:10
Hi empowered

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paulst
30-10-11, 15:09
:welcome:to the forum, Im really glad you have joined us.:)