PDA

View Full Version : worried myself sick today - anybody got thoughts?

KGreen
25-05-06, 10:09
Hi,
This has been a very bad day, worrying myself sick over something that is really nothing.
Reading the symptoms of OCD, it seems like my perfectionism wants everything to be "just right" but I set myself up to fail, I do not do the thing that I should do to make sure I *don't* have to worry, so I spend all my time worrying about things too late to do any good.
I'd like to chat with somebody who understands. Does anybody have a good way of coping with this?

Southern_Belle
07-06-06, 02:57
I don't think there is a way, due to anxiety, to make sure that we don't have to worry, we just do. I have OCD but mine is a cleaning obsession but I have it somewhat under control with medication but I am also a perfectionist, I think it comes with it. I also think that with my cleaning I was trying to work out my anxiety. I call myself a "worry wort" as I worry over stupid silly things that I have no control over. Everyone with anxiety has different issues and deal with them different ways. Some with medication, CBT, reading books, breathing techniques, counseling etc. You need to try different techniques and find what works for you. Please pm me if you would like to chat. The chat room is also a nice place to find support too.

Bel