PDA

View Full Version : Asthma / Seroxat

ehaj
30-10-11, 21:21
Hi there,
Had asthma when I was younger. Went on Seroxat for panic/anxiety stemming from cardiac neurosis. Was on Seroxat for about five years and never had an asthma attack once. Tapered off Seroxat in mid-August (oh the joy).
However, almost simultaneously my asthma began to rear its ugly head. Now at the point I'm using reliever puffer 4-5 times a day and the preventer puffer twice a day and was presricbed Prednisolone because my peak flow (breath strength) had dropped so low.
So just to ask if anybody has experienced this or knows of some connection between asthma and Seroxat. I've seen a few posts on other sites but it's a bit inconclusive. Fairly sure there's a link myself but not sure if it's;
a) because the Seroxat had some inherent anti-inflammatory or anti-histamine properties; or
b) the Seroxat was keeping my stress levels in check thereby preventing stress induced asthma (maybe something to do with Cortisol?).
Anyway, thanks for any advice guys. Seriously thinking about jumping back on Seroxat because this chest is really getting me down.

haz
30-10-11, 22:40
Hi, I've got ashthma. I was on seroxat for 14 years. Didn't notice any difference in my asthma on or off it.

Haz.x