PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of driving in the dark

Lorna22
31-10-11, 10:59
Hi everyone

I have just found the site this morning.

Back in Feb I was involved in a car jacking where I was chased and the road was blocked by the chaser a couple of times. Each time I managed somehow to get away but this went on for around 5 miles which seemed like 50 at the time. It has left me terrified to drive in the dark which now the nights are getting darker earlier I shall need to do as I have 2 young children who need ferrying to various clubs classes etc etc. I haven't driven in the dark on my own since (a couple of times with my husband) but did come home in half dark the other day which left me feeling awful. I hate driving in the day so night time is even worse.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Do you have any advice? I feel angry that someone has taken away this confidence from me as I used to be very confident.

Many Thanks

Lorna

nomorepanic
31-10-11, 11:02
Hi Lorna22

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Lorna22
31-10-11, 17:49
Obviously noone has experienced the same then!

mikewales
31-10-11, 18:07
Have moved your thread to the general anxiety section as it is more likely to get viewed here

Anxious_gal
01-11-11, 03:17
aw :(
When that happened did you try and call the police? Would having your mobile with a hands free kit make you feel any safer?
I want to learn how to drive and due to me being paranoid have already considered the situation you were in :(
I do know some women use life sized male dolls to put in the passenger seat so it appears your not alone and with a man.