PDA

View Full Version : I am going mad, Please help me.

rapidhopeloss
31-10-11, 15:17
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, I am not sure where to post it. There isn't a board for Mental crazy people so .. Yeah I am a bit stuck.

Had a bad bad few month's, I won't go into detail but it has been terrible and stressful and just a nightmare! Anyway after the terrible few months I had been a bit down for about two weeks, and then something else happened, which got me even more down, and now for about the past 5 days, I have been badly badly anxious, really badly, I feel like I am not real, like the world isn't real, I have panic attacks too, I feel so down, I used to suffer quite badly from anxiety about 4years ago but I thought I had got over it, now its back and even worse and i swear I am going mad. I mean , How can a person worry they arent real? Have panic attacks over it? I look in the mirror and don't feel real, I went to the shop today, When i had came out I thought to myself 'who knows if i did go in there really, it might not of happened,none of it is real' Then I panic that I am going to black out at any moment and either not wake up,or wake up and be somewhere where I have no idea where I am or who I am.Which to be honest I dont feel i know who the hell I am anyway!. I Truly Believe I am going mental.. I know none of this makes sense, Its hard to explain it. But i feel like I am in a big dark hole full of anxiety and panic and I cant escape. I am overthinking everything, Any little actions I do I over think and wonder how I did that, how i knew how i did that, am i real? All stuff like that.

I know it sounds mental, and it IS mental. I just want to sleep all the time because atleast then I don't have to deal with feeling this way. I Feel as If i am going to end up in a mental home. I get all hot and clammy, and panicky and feel sick...

Any idea what the hell is going on? I have read up about Depersonalization and while some of it sounds familiar,it doesn't sound half as bad as what I have so I dont think it is that. I Have this all day everyday,and its been this way for over a week now

I wake up in the night and am panicking When will this go away.. I question every little movement I do and nothing feels real/right it all feels odd and I am terrified.

paula lynne
31-10-11, 15:32
Im sorry you are going through such a horrible time. Believe me, depersonalisation can DEFINATELY feel exactly like that. It is horrible. I promise you, that you arent going mad, although it feels like it I know. Just a couple of things.......
Are you under stress?
Do you take meds?
Do you live alone?

Paula x

rapidhopeloss
31-10-11, 16:53
I am on meds, I have been on antidepressants since i was a teen As i have always suffered from anxiety and depression...
I don't live alone no, I am currently back with my parents. I had a horrible break up about four weeks ago, It was a bad stressful relationship where i was treated badly.. But if it was due to all of that stress, surely i would of felt like this then? and not four weeks on :(

paula lynne
31-10-11, 17:19
Ah, anxiety is a clever monster. It can hit you like a late train......delayed. I always get panic attacks AFTER stress, not during it. Maybe you could ask your GP to review your meds. Im glad you arent alone, can you talk to your parents or a good friend? Depersonalisation is one of the worst sensations, but it will pass in time. Look after yourself, eat well, get some rest, a realationship breakdown is enough to set all the sensations off.

rapidhopeloss
31-10-11, 17:28
My parents know whats going on, my mum is trying to be understanding, telling me it's just anxiety etc. But I don'tt hink it is,I think it's something much more to be honest!! It wouldn't surprise me If i end up in a mental home :(

GT
31-10-11, 22:54
I had the exact same things over 2 years ago, i would wake up in a panic i had panic attacks in my sleep. i would sit and see if i could feel my body like blood pumping round it, i couldnt feel myself like i was not real, i was looking in on the world. i lost 2 stone in the same amount of weeks. i was a mess i got better though it passes. mine has returned tonight worse than ever. i'm hoping it s a blip. I think i knew it was coming from stress. i now am in panic constantly.

Meewah
05-11-11, 00:50
Hi

I get this and the feeling of not really being here is quite a feeling. I sometimes have to ring my wife as I have panics that I have not dropped my kids of at school or that |I forgot one of them. I feel I cannot trust myself to be responsible any more. The key to reducing this feeling is acceptance. Just accept this feeling and say it is OK. I try and enjoy it when I am on my own. It is as if my body has created a way of taking me out of my situation and turned me in to a onlooker.

Trust me I have suffered with this for years off and on and now with acceptance, I mean true acceptance your symptoms will subside. Its the fear that something is really wrong that keeps this feeling going.

Mee