PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam (Ativan)

barbn
31-10-11, 15:17
Hi all -

Tell me about your experiences with Lorazepam (Ativan). My daughter was just prescribed for night time use only....to help her relax and sleep...also taking Zoloft. I am just curious about other experiences...

THANKS!!!

Barb

xhyperyogix
31-10-11, 20:03
I've had this ages ago - works very well, but be careful because benzos can be addictive / stop being effective if you take it on subequent days for a long time / take a high dose.

I currently have temazepam ( a similar thing) for sleep which is strictly 3 times a week (on same days for the routine). My doc says this dose and timing will make sure I get enough sleep on those days but will have no long term bad effects from over-use of the drug over the long term. I can tell if i have too much as it gives me swollen eyes for some reason and a bit of acne.......always listen to your body!!!!

Hope it all works out.

Hyper x

Markoo
02-11-11, 01:36
Ativan are very strong for being 2mg , i took 1 before and it it felt like i took a ton of diazepam , i didnt know the doctors even prescribed ativan anymore, theyre meant to be no good, a friend i know who takes panic attacks took one and the next day he said he was like a zombie.

Tish
03-11-11, 02:41
I don't think they're prescribed in this country routinely, the side effects are too severe and they're too addictive. My doctor put me on them when I first had anxiety symptoms many years ago and they just seemed to make my problem much, much worse. x

Magic
03-11-11, 14:41
Barb.
I used to take ativan years ago.
The Health Centre I go to banned them.I think a lot a of people were abusing them.
I have some thing else now, but they are not as good as ativan in my opinion. They helped me.
They are addictive though so beware