sarahlou1983
31-10-11, 16:50
i have to have a fasting blood test next week to check the following
glucose
prl
gh
lh
f8h

does anybody know what these mean.My doctor thinks my thyroid levels are wrong and she told me that other chemicals in the brain maybe out of whack.could this explain the loss of apetite and the anxiety issues?????

Darwin73
31-10-11, 17:26
I have an underactive thyroid (and have had an overative thyroid) and have had many thyroid blood tests in the past but none of them have required fasting. Thyroid hormones are indicated in blood tests by the letters TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and also T3 and T4 (thyroxine in the body). The tests you are having done are for pituitary gland function I think (and glucose is blood sugar levels). I don't know what f8h is though. Certainly though, both thyroid and pituitary problems can cause loss of weight and anxiety.

countrygirl
31-10-11, 19:08
Did you mean fsh as this is follicle stimulating hormone to see if someone is nearing menopause???? I may be completely wrong as you have put it as f8s but have not heard of this if thats correct spelling.

The fasting bit if for the blood glucose blood test as they do that after fasting for at least 8 hrs - none of the other tests need fasting.

sarahlou1983
02-11-11, 17:44
i am praying to god that i need my meds reduced.i really think that is whats causing my anxiety.i get so angry at doctors they dont give a damn how you feel when meds go wrong or how bad you are feeling ....i just want to scream at my doctor