PDA

View Full Version : urinary frequency during PMT -anyone ?

hyg
31-10-11, 17:40
Hi,
Im in my mid 40s and am increasingly having problems with weeing a lot between ovulaton and starting my period. My cycles are getting shorter now-21-25 days Im on day 19 today and cant stop going to the loo. I do get UTIs but I dont seem to have the symptoms of this ( Ive tested my urine with dipsticks and its fine ) Its driving me MAD Im like trying to make dinner and have to keep going to the loo !!
Does anyone else get this ?? or is at an age thing-any support would be appreciated. Thanks girls x

regal
31-10-11, 20:40
Generally speaking other than UTIs which cause more frequent urination in women, the 2nd most common thing could be high level of blood sugar. Again, if you don't sweat a lot, don't feel tired, etc. the chances are that you are just a bit anxious and is just normal.

Some women don't realize that they actually drink more water!

hyg
31-10-11, 20:56
Hi
Its actually calmed down since posting this a few hours ago !! so it could be anxiety caused by the Pmt. My blood sugar is fine as was tested in the summer. Thanks for answering x

PinkRoxy
01-11-11, 05:49
I get frequency but my bladder isnt full its just irritated kind of sore and urgent so it makes mego more and I notice its wors during my menstrual cycle and I'm only 25 yrs old.

I am diagnosed with an irritable bladder and am prescribed oxybutynin which does help.

I am also going to get tested for endometriosis.

I dont know if you would have the same but is your bladder full or not? do you have a strong urge which is hard to put off or do you have to run to the toilet in time?

hyg
01-11-11, 11:22
Hi
I do have a fairly full bladder when I go and its hard to hold on-so an urgency I suppose. Its not too bad today seems to come in batches if you know what I mean ! I have a Urology review coming up soon so Im going to mention it. Thanks for answering

amandy1979
04-12-11, 23:57
Yes, Im 32 I get this kind of urgency coming up to a period, but afterwards it goes away. I assumed it was hormonal, and like you there are no signs of any infection or anything that feels alarming so I havent thought about going to get it checked out. I was only worried that it could be peri menopause.

PinkRoxy
05-12-11, 02:30
It could be an overactive bladder. Do you wee much? or is it only a teaspoon that comes out.

I have the symptoms of an overactive bladder its not painful you just get a sudden urgency to the point where you are about to wee yourself if you dont get to the toilet right then.

I was terrible with this during the winter months and my gp put me on oxybutynin. I would tell your gp they may put you on oxybutynin as it helps calm the bladder muscle so you are not so urgent to go when you only have a teaspoon amount of wee.

I am only 25 so it being an age thing I dont know but I dont know many my age or younger that has overactive bladder.

Anyway good luck and yes I would like to add my bladder is worse during my period months, I dont test up for UTIs but my bladder is sore and irritable during my menstrual times. My wee is healthy and clear but I still get irritation and urgency.