PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared of this pain!!

shotokansho
31-10-11, 21:13
Hi all.

I have got this terrible pain and I don't know what to do about it. The pain is in my upper tummy under my ribs on the left. It's very painful and I can barely stand it, it's even making me cry. The problem I have is I don't have a land line and I have no credit on my mobile, this is making me more anxious.
The pain has been there for around 4 hours and it isn't letting up at all. I took strong painkillers 30/500 solphodol about an hour ago but it hasn't touched it. This is unusual as this tablet works really well for me, so again this is making me more anxious. :weep:
I take lanzoprasole 15mg twice a day and it's brilliant at keeping my heartburn and indigestion at bay, could it have stopped working.
Owwwwwwww :weep: It's hurting, what should I do. Cos I have no credit I keep thinking of calling an ambulance but I don't want to look stupid or waste people's time if it is just something like indigestion. I'm going to try a hot bath to see if that helps the pain.
Please guys I'm in 10/10 pain, I'm worried and don't know what to do. :weep:

Mirabelle
31-10-11, 22:08
If you are alone and in so much pain maybe you should call an ambulance. They could at least check you out.
xx

Cherriuz
31-10-11, 22:15
I would ring 999 especially for 10/10 - there is a lot it could be in your upper abdomen - and yes - it could be nothing - but people ring 999 for much less, and it's always better to get checked out x

shotokansho
31-10-11, 22:17
Thanks for your replies. I have been very tempted. The painkillers have taken the edge off the pain and i'm coping with it better now. I'm also scared of going to the hospital because I have two children here.
I'm going to try and see how it goes within the next hour. I have just taken my anti-psychotic which usually helps me sleep.
Thanks so much for reading and replying.

Cherriuz
31-10-11, 22:23
I have been to a and e with 2 children before and they do get really well looked after so you don't need to let that put you off.
Good to hear you are coping better now.
You know - If you have no credit you can go onto nhs direct - find your symptoms, answer the questions and request a callback to your mobile free of charge to you and a nurse will just chat with you - find out whats going on with you and advise you from there if you need to see someone tonight. So, even if you have no credit - but you have internet - you always have that option open if you need some professional advice - i use it A LOT with 2 young children to be honest :bighug1: x